Saturday morning was weird, because although Kinley actually slept until about 6am, James woke up at 4:30. I just had to feed him and put him back down, but he has slept through the night for me for the past two months, so it was just uncommon. I think it is about time to start some rice cereal before bedtime.
And then, Kinley threw a MAJOR fit at breakfast time, because I guess she didn't like the kind of juice I gave her. She threw her cereal and juice across the room!!! I was so mad...I didn't know where to start, with Kinley or cleaning up the mess. I started with Kinley...and she was so in trouble. When I looked at her, she just put her little hands on her bottom because she knew she would get a spanking. I had to calm myself down a bit, but I did contain myself and was very much under control when I spanked her and made her wait on her bed while I cleaned up the rest of the mess. But, I think I am going to have to do some touch up painting in the dinette area.
So, after all that Saturday morning I had a babysitter come over so that I could get some errands run. I actually had a lot of places to go, so I was glad to not have the kids in tow. Then in the afternoon, I tried to spend as much time with them while also picking up a bit, doing a little laundry, and also getting ready to go out with my girlfriends Saturday evening.
That's right...it was Girls Night Out. I just decided since I couldn't go out with Nathan, I would get our Sunday School girls together for a girls night out. We had a great time going to dinner, seeing "Soul Surfer" and then going to Dunkin Doughnuts after the movie. I am so thankful for the ladies in my Sunday School class for being so fun and supportive and encouraging to me while Nathan is gone. We had a blast!!!
And of course we had church today. And, you know, Satan always attacks us when we try to do the right thing. So, this is one of my weeks this month to sing on the praise team at church. So we had to be at church at 8:30 this morning. Not really a big deal because we get up and leave for school every weekday at 7:45, so we can get to church by 8:30, no problem. But, when I got home last night, Kinley woke up. And, WOULD NOT go back to sleep. I was tired and frustrated, so by 11:15, I just said forget about it, and put her in bed with me. Which means I didn't sleep great, but I did get a fairly decent sleep. Except for the fact that Nate woke me up about 1:30 because his foot hurt. I checked it out and didn't see a thing wrong with it, but he wanted Neosporin on it, so I applied it, put bandaids on it, and then I prayed. I know that Satan was attacking my sleep because the next morning was Sunday and we had to be at church early. I determined that no matter what the rest of the night held for me, we would still get up and make it to church on time. And, we did...even though I had a horrible night of sleep and was really tired. And, you know what? God sustained me through the whole day. Although I am going to bed earlier than normal.
Another blessing from this weekend is that one of my neighbors came down Saturday evening right before I left and asked if there was anything he could do to help out around the house. You know, stuff that Nathan would normally do for me. Well, there were a couple of things...like changing a flat tire on the mustang and putting up some weather stripping on the garage door. And so he came back this afternoon to work on that, and he also found an exterior light that had come loose and fixed that as well.
We are so blessed!!! Everyone is just taking care of us...which means that really, the Lord is taking care of us.
"I lift up my eyes to the hills, from where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made the heavens and the earth."
Beth that is such a blessing to have great people in your life who are there for you. I'm praying every day for you and the kids and Nath of course too. Love you and I'm inspired by you and all that you do, supermom! :)
ReplyDeleteBen is contemplating having to be gone for 5 weeks and im already in a panic! YOu are such a great mom and I don't know how you do it!
ReplyDelete