That's right, she woke up at 4:30 this morning. But, we still had a pretty good morning. She fell asleep in the car when we took Brianna to school, so that helped her have some energy.
This morning went well. I actually got some laundry done and did the dishes. It always feels good to have things cleaned up. We were able to skype with Nathan for a little while this afternoon.
And then, it was nap time. I tried my hardest to get Kinley to nap. I laid down with her, we sang songs, I rubbed her back, but all to no avail. She would not go to sleep. And then, James woke up, which is odd, but he did take a longer morning nap. Anyway, I was completely fed up with Kinley, so I just told her not to get out of bed, and I locked her in her room and went to get James. BTW, Brianna was sleeping in my bed and Nate was sleeping in his bed. So, I have James upstairs watching a show, and Kinley must have realized I locked her in her room, because she LOST it. She was screaming and throwing a good ole fit! I just let her throw her fit. It lasted about 20 minutes or so, and then there was quiet. I got up to see what was going on. And, she was sound asleep in her bed. And she slept until it was time to leave for church...about an hour and fifteen minutes. But, it was a glorious hour and fifteen minutes. Too bad James was awake or I could have had a quick nap. But instead, I did get a quick shower without Kinley...that was nice too!
And, I just love going to church. I am so thankful for my Bible study group of ladies. They are such an encouragement. And I am so thankful for Adrienne, who always meets me in the parking lot to help me get the kids in and help me get them fed. And I love being a part of the choir and for the music that we sing. I could not go through this deployment without my church family. You guys are the best!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment