Today was filled with candy filled Easter eggs.
This morning our church had its annual Easter Eggstravaganza, which was tons of fun. The kids had a blast hunting eggs, eating candy, hot dogs, candy, chips, candy, cupcakes and more candy! I was blessed to have had the help of so many people at church with the kids. There is just no way I could take all the kids out like that by myself. I was met at the car by Miss Adrienne, who stayed with us the whole time without me even having to ask her to help. She just loves on my kids, and I truly appreciate that. And, while we were eating, so many friends helped hold James while I got food and ate and everything. After all that, we went outside to get some pictures made. It was a valiant effort, but I don't know if a good one turned out. We shall see!
After that, we came home and James, Kinley and Nate all took naps. Yes, I know, I got Kinley to nap...it was a miracle. And then, we went to a friends house who was having a big Easter Egg Hunt and party. The kids played outside and then enjoyed hunting eggs again, and then they played some more. And, again, I was so blessed to have people from church there to help watch my kids.
So, the kids were absolutely filthy, exhausted and hungry when we got home this evening. So, PB&J sandwiches for Nate and Kinley, banana bread for Brianna (because she has a very loose tooth which is coming out tomorrow), baths and bed. It is a lot easier to get them to sleep when they are so tired!
I can't help but think that in all the fun of hunting Easter eggs, we should really focus on the true meaning of Easter. That Jesus Christ died on the cross and ROSE AGAIN so that we can have eternal life. He PAID the penalty for all of my sin. I am so unworthy, yet I am so grateful.
Tomorrow we will have more Easter fun, but my main focus is not going to be egg hunts, but instead I am going to tell the kids the Easter story using the Resurrection Eggs. I always pray that my children's hearts will be softened to the calling of the Lord. I pray that as I plant these seeds that their hearts will be open to the truth of what Christ did for us all on the cross.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We need some pictures! :-)
ReplyDelete