Saturday, April 9, 2011

Two Year Olds...

They are just so cute. But, I do believe that they have the hardest time with deployments.

Last time, it was Nate. This time, Kinley. And, she is doing a lot of the same things Nate did last time. Like, sticking to me like GLUE. If I walk into another room, she is right behind me. If I take a shower...well, you guessed it, she is too. She has a hard time sleeping. She comes in my room early in the morning, and won't go to bed without me laying down with her.

I have been thinking about this, and it really does make sense to me. A two year old doesn't have any concept of time. So, to tell her that Daddy had to go away for a long time, doesn't mean anything to her. To tell her Daddy will come back doesn't either because so far, he hasn't. So, when I tell her I will be right back, she doesn't understand that I really will just be gone for a minute or two. She clings to me like I am all she has left. But, in her little mind, that is truth.

It was so sweet today. We were able to skype with Nathan, and when Kinley was sitting on my lap, she reached up and tried to hug the computer screen. Then she started blowing kisses, and of course Nathan was "hugging" her too and "catching" her kisses.

So, all of that to say, that I know it is worth the extra time and patience. She's just two, and she really doesn't understand. Her little world as she knows it has been turned upside down.

I would ask all of you to keep our children in your prayers, especially Kinley. This is a really hard time for them too. I have to remember it isn't just hard on me, but them as well.

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! You are a wise Mommy!
    Praying for all of you!
    Love,
    Cousin Denise

    ReplyDelete