Well, a lot of buzz about the government shutdown today. I actually hadn't watched the news or anything since Nathan left (I don't know why...maybe because I don't have time with all my kids). Anyway, Nathan had talked to me about it last time we skyped, saying that we would only be getting half pay this next pay period.
While many families are under much stress about this, I can honestly say that while I don't like it, and I don't exactly know how things are going to go for us the next few months, I am not worried about it. I know that God is going to take care of us. Not just my family, but all of us. If indeed the military community has to live without pay for awhile, what an opportunity this will be for us as Christians to minister to those in need. I just think that we need to be ready and take advantage of the opportunities we are given...even if the circumstances stink.
When people tell Nathan thank you for serving our country, he always replies with "It is the greatest country to serve!" And we both truly believe that. Even though Nathan is overseas and we are separated from each other through this time, it is still our honor and privilege to serve the greatest country on this earth. I honestly want the government to get the budget done RIGHT, not quickly. But, don't take too long, because there are many, many military families who live paycheck to paycheck and there are many moms left home with little mouths to feed while their husbands are sacrificing their lives for this great country.
BTW- just so no one worries about us personally, we will be fine. At least for a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment