Today...well, it started last night. As I was about to go to bed, Kinley woke up crying hysterically. I went to get her, and she was just burning up with fever. Poor Kinley! I honestly think that all of these sleepless nights are catching up to her. They are definitely effecting me. So much that I had my babysitter come over yesterday afternoon just to ensure that I got a nap. And, it was a good thing.
So, back to last night. Kinley wouldn't even take any medicine, which is not unusual for her. The only think I could do to calm her down was to put her in bed with me. So, I started the night with Kinley in bed. She slept fitfully, and I had to reassure her that I was there quite often.
Then, about 5am, a storm rolled through, and the thunder woke up Nate. He was in his room screaming for me, which woke up Brianna. So, soon, myself and all three kids were my bed. Kinley was the only one who actually went back to sleep. After awhile, I just told Brianna and Nate to go upstairs and watch TV until I came to get them to get ready for school.
So, I got up and got myself ready and got a few things done in preparation for my day, made biscuits for breakfast, etc. It was kind of nice getting all that done first thing in the morning, except for the fact that I was really tired.
Then, we went about our normal morning routine, getting everyone ready for school and mom's morning out. Except for the fact that Kinley would be spending the morning with me. She did take some Motrin this morning and was acting much better, and her fever came down. All good things. I think she if fine now, but she still has a runny nose. Kinley and I spent the morning running my errands and going to the grocery store.
After picking up all the kids, a friend from church came over to fix my shower head and talk about how we were going to fix the drywall. We got all that planned out, and then it was time for naps! Yay!! After the short night that we had, I figured we would all sleep great!
So, James went down, then Nate, then Kinley. And then James woke up. Are you kidding me? This is the kid who sleeps like clock work. And, on the one day that all the big kids are actually napping, he wakes up. AAAHHHH!!! (Brianna went to sleep shortly after James woke up.) So, I got him up and fed him and played with him a little, then I just put him in bed, and he fussed a few minutes, and then went to sleep. So, I go to bed...and then Kinley gets up not long after. (I'm thinking, "Seriously God? I need some sleep here.") But, she just crawled into bed with Brianna and I and the three of us slept for about an hour and a half in my bed.
I woke up first and just laid there, wondering if I should wake the kids up because it was about 5:30. But, I didn't wake them up. James woke up about 6pm, and that got all of us moving soon.
Dinner, a couple of shows on TV for the kids, baths and then bedtime.
You know, things may not always go as I would have planned. Bedtime may have been later than I planned. I may still have three loads of laundry to fold and put away. But, at the end of the day, my kids are fed, clean and they know they are loved by me, their dad, and their Heavenly Father. I know that is the most important thing. All the rest can just wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment