Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Goodness of God

Well, last night was very interesting, and of course, I again did not get much sleep.

About 1:30 in the morning a huge thunderstorm rolled through, and it knocked out the electricity in our entire neighborhood. Of course all the kids, except James, woke up terrified and all ended up in bed with me. It took us about another hour to actually get back to sleep, and then I had Kinley in one arm, Nate in the other (and of course he is the squirmy one) and Brianna next to Nate. So, needless to say, none of us got much sleep last night.

But, today was a fairly good day, because someone came to clean my house for me. PRAISE THE LORD. It was such a blessing. And, she is a friend from church so of course the kids liked having her here. And, it wasn't a big deal when I fell asleep on the couch upstairs...she just kept Kinley with her so I could sleep a little bit. Nate was watching a movie and I was holding a sleeping James. So, I caught a little cat nap this morning. And, we all took naps this afternoon.

God is so good to us, all the time. Even in the thunderstorms, He protects us and comforts us. And, when it seems like there is no way I am going to make it through the day, He makes everyone take naps. And, sends the provision for a clean house, because I just don't have the time to do it all myself. I am so thankful for a God who takes care of even the seemingly small things.

1 comment:

  1. I love you! So glad God is providing for you and the kiddos while Nathan is gone.

    XOXO
    Aunt Brookie~

    ReplyDelete