Every Saturday morning I have a babysitter come over so that I can go run errands, go to my WW meeting, and whatever else needs to be done. So, this morning I did just that, except I was running late and missed my meeting. Oh well! But, I love having some time to myself and the kids love having Miss Heather come over to play.
This afternoon, I was blessed to have some good friends come over. They brought their kids and we all sat on the back porch most of the time and just watched the kids play, ate some food, and talked. It was good for me because I get bored and lonely hanging out all the time with just the kids. I mean, I love my kids and everything, but when it is just us, all the time, it gets boring. And, I do believe that they get just as tired of me as I do of them. Just being honest here.
Of course, the men had to do a little bit of work around the house. Not because I made them or anything, but because they are just good guys. One sealed the tile job he had been working on and the other fixed the net on our trampoline (until one kid tried to climb up the net and ripped it...but, it was fixed for a little while) and he also fixed some of the siding on our back porch which was starting to fall down. And, then they measured the trampoline so I can get a new net.
And, a bonus to all of that. My kids were exhausted tonight, and went to bed early and very easily. I love it when they are completely worn out. I actually got some work done after they went to sleep as well. I cleaned the kitchen, folded some laundry, spot cleaned the carpet in the playroom and cleaned marker off of my coffee table. (Yes, I do think that some children will be disciplined tomorrow for writing on my coffee table.) I also cleaned the handrail in my staircase, which was filthy. It amazes me how dirty it gets.
Its been a good day. I did get an email from Nathan that his internet wasn't working last night and that is why he couldn't skype. Let's pray that tomorrow we will be able to skype for a little while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment