But, this morning started well. Kinley slept through the night for only the third time in about six weeks. I would consider that gift #1. (Well, besides the adorable things given to me by the children that they made at mom's morning out and school.)
Then, we went to church where I was just blessed beyond words by my church family. I was actually kind of feeling a bit down about mother's day because my kids are just so young and don't really have a concept of mother's day. (Or so I thought.) The church had a special time of prayer for th
e moms and one lady came up to me and said some of the sweetest words of encouragement to me. And then, as I was sitting there, I thought of a young lady so dear to my heart who recently lost her first child early in her pregnancy. I thought of how blessed I am to have my four children to hold and raise and how there are so many ladies who have either lost a mother or a child. Of course, by this time I was just sitting there crying during the service. But, I pulled it together and tried to get out of the service as quickly as possible so that I didn't have to deal with people feeling sorry for me or anything like that. (Because you know, I was sitting in the choir loft when I was crying.) But, of course, I couldn't escape that quickly. My friend Cindi found me and had made me a sweet mother's day present (gift #2). And, another friend sent her son to ask me to meet them for lunch. And, yet another friend also invited us over for lunch. (Don't worry...we are invading her house tomorrow to go swim!)So, after lunch, I get home and I had a couple of nice text messages from my mom and a friend from church. I got online to skype with Nathan, and you will not believe it. He had planned before he left a present for me for mother's day. He had hid a card and a gift (#3) in the kitchen. I went to get it and opened it. It was a beautiful ring! So, for the first mother's day present he ever gave me, it was a good one! I tried to get a picture, but couldn't get a good one...I'll have to work on that. But, trust me, it is pretty!
We took naps, and during naptime my cousin from California texted me happy mother's day. (By this time I am thinking that I have never had so many people wish me happy mothers day.) Then, this evening when we were in the kitchen getting dinner ready, I asked Nate to clear the table for me. He just said so sweetly, "Yes Mom, it would be my pleasure!" and walked to the table and cleared it off, putting the dishes in the sink. THAT just melted my heart.
And then, the best present yet. Earlier that morning, Nate had come into the room while I was feeding James and asked me what I liked. I had told him I like hugs and kisses. But he asked what else I liked, and I told him several things, including flowers and chocolate. So, they had been playing quietly in the girls' room off and on all day. They had gotten wrapping paper, child scissors, and tape. I knew something was up, but I let them do their thing. Then they came out and gave me the best mother's day present.
Nate handed it to me, and said, "But we couldn't draw hugs and kisses..."And again, my heart just melted. And then I got a ton of hugs and kisses from all of my kids. (By the way, that brown blob...its chocolate that is melted, so it is really good. At least, that is what Brianna told me.)
Today, was the perfect Mother's Day for me. I am so blessed that God chose me to be the mother to these four little blessings. I could not have asked for a better privilege in this lifetime. I am also so blessed to have a wonderful mom who taught me so much, and who I am so much like.
No comments:
Post a Comment