Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Blessings of this Week

I started blogging during this deployment so that I could keep my focus on the good in each day. Because, I knew this would be a very difficult time for us. And, this week has been difficult. My focus has been pretty negative. Basically, I have been feeling sorry for myself. But, I am going to focus myself on the good of this week.

Sunday was a great day because of Mother's Day...and I did blog about that.

Monday the kids were in Mom's Morning Out, which is always a blessing. I don't remember much else about this day because I haven't slept much this week.

Tuesday...I think I got all the laundry done on this day, which is always a good thing. Also, I had the evening out to myself to go to a class on how to coupon. And, an added bonus was that a friend of mine whom I hadn't seen in a long time was there and we stayed and talked for a long time afterward.

Wednesday was a blessing because I got to go to church. I was very tired, due to lack of sleep, but the ladies in my Bible study group and in the choir are so encouraging, and I really enjoy being at church.

Thursday was again Mom's Morning Out. On this day, I went up to Brianna's class because it was her turn to celebrate her birthday, which is May 24, after school is out. It was fun to have that special time with her. As a side note, I took my very nice watch that Nathan bought me for Christmas off to give the kids baths that night. Nate took it and was playing with it and it is now lost. I have looked everywhere. So, if you could all say a prayer that I would find it, it would mean so much to me.

Friday, I had a friend come watch the kids so I could go to the case lot sale on base. Which, is totally worth it because I won't have to buy toilet paper, paper towels, laundry detergent, fabric softener, dishwasher liquid, etc. for a very long time, and I got really good deals on it. But, an even bigger blessing was that my friend who watched the kids not only took great care of the kids, but also picked up the playroom, which was a HUGE mess.

And, today. My babysitter came over this morning, as she does every Saturday morning. I was running a few errands, and met up with my friend from Tuesday evening at Starbucks. We had a great time of fellowship and adult conversation...always good for me! And, when I got home, not only had Heather taken great care of my kids, but she had also done all the dishes. That was a HUGE blessing!!!

And, another thing to be thankful for...the bath count is down to 36 more baths to give by myself until Nathan comes home.

And, Brookie is coming to visit this week! YAY!!! She will be here on Tuesday, so pray for her safe travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment