Monday, March 31, 2008

This Weekend

Well, this weekend went by incredibly fast.

First of all, I did take the kids to Fred Meyer (which is like a Target-type store here in AK) by myself on Friday. I think it took me more time to load the kids in the car, change into my driving shoes, drive to Freddie's, change back into my boots, and unload the kids from the car and put them in a "car" buggy, than it did for me to actually pick up the five or so items I had on my list. And, then I had to do it all again in reverse, but, I did it, and it felt good to get out of the house.

Friday night I did not sleep well at all...so I slept late Saturday morning. I am so thankful to have a husband who lets me sleep late almost every Saturday morning. I know that come fishing season, he will head out to fish on those mornings, but I am thankful for the mornings that I have now.

After I did get up and make it upstairs, it was almost 10am. Nathan wanted to take Brianna on a walk...on the snowy, icy path behind our home. So, he did that and left Baby Nate with me. Now, I have not been able to do a good job cleaning the kids rooms since my surgery. It is very difficult for me to get up and down from the floor, so I just don't do it very often. It is awkward, and I always think..."if someone were watching me, they would be laughing their head off." Anyway, so I decided that this would be a good time to clean Brianna's room. Just to show you how bad it was, I took before pictures.

So, I cleaned out Brianna's room, and put a huge bag of stuffed animals away to donate somewhere. I also set aside several toys that really needed to go into Nate's room. So then I started on Nate's room. And, I took out a huge bag of "baby" toys from his room. I also threw away a bunch of toys that came from McD's or something like that. So, after a couple of hours working on their rooms, they were completely clean. I wouldn't even let them go into them for about five minutes so that I could enjoy the fact that they were clean. Here are the finished products.Of course after that, I had to pay attention to the rest of my house. I cleaned and finished the laundry, which is always a good feeling. Then, we went to our friend's home that evening for a relaxing, fun time.

Sunday is always a hectic day with church. We are teaching Radically Married for our Sunday School class and also for a Discipleship training class in the afternoon at 5pm. Yesterday was especially fun because we always have a 5th Sunday potluck Praise and Prayer service for the evening service. It was a really good time, and then I brought the kids home while Nathan had a Pastor Search Committee meeting.

In addition to all that fun stuff on Sunday, I spent the kids nap time planning and scheduling our summer vacation here in AK. We have learned that if you don't do this early, than you may not get hotels or the activities that you want. So, I planned that. It will have to be another post because this one is already too long.

Have a blessed week!

2 comments:

  1. Yea for clean kids rooms and finished laundry!!! Congrats on being somewhat back to normal. I can't wait to hear what you are planning to do on your vacation...I'm jealous already...

    Love you, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol its really clean! but i'm glad you made it up the stairs or w/e that was! lol but i had a funny pic of you in my mind after reading that! *Dress pics soon to come*

    ReplyDelete