Monday, March 10, 2008

Airline Advantages

OK, so since we live in Alaska, we have been flying quite a bit. Brianna has been on an airplane way more than most other two year olds- something like seven different trips. So, having accounts with different airlines has been quite an asset. When we flew to Seattle in January to visit my in-laws, we used miles from our AMEX card to pay for two of the three tickets. To fly my mom up here to help out after my surgery, we used our Delta points to get her a ticket her for virtually free. So, I was pretty much depleted to my American Airlines account for trying to have any advantage in trying to get home in May for Brooke's graduation. I have been checking on it for over a month. I had about 60,000 miles in my account, but since we would be flying back in peak season for Alaska, I was only going to be able to get one free ticket. Until yesterday. I just hopped on the computer quickly before we were heading to church on Sunday evening, and they had the flight that I wanted for only 25,000 points per ticket. May 24th was the only day in the entire month that I could have flown back for only 25,000 points. So, after checking with Nathan, I was able to get both tickets for Brianna and myself for 50,000 points, and the fee for taxes, equaling a full $20 out of pocket. I could not believe it!!! I was so excited, because I was ready to buy a ticket for $626, and then I got it FREE. And, to make it even better, I checked again today, and the tickets are back at 50,000 points each. Isn't that awesome??? So, the kids and I will officially be in OK from May 8th until May 24th. We are getting there on Bryce's birthday and leaving on Brianna's birthday. Brianna is very excited to be able to fly on her birthday...she loves airplanes. We can't wait to get there and see everyone!

6 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I wish we could do something like that, but we don't fly that much....yet. I can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great! I am so excited for you all and SO excited to see you too! :-) It will be here probably WAY sooner than we think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great Beth. God always provides & does more than what we could ever have imagined. It was good to see your sweet babies. Hope you are doing better. I know it has to be tough being off your feet, especially with 2 babies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is my comment...

    ReplyDelete