Thursday, March 6, 2008

Momma's Going Home

I hate it when Momma has to leave. I think that no matter how old we get, we will always need our Momma. It has been absolutely great having Mom here this past week. When I was incapable of taking care of my family, I knew that she was doing everything she could to take care of them for me. I had no worries, which is probably one of the reasons I have had such a great recovery so far. So, Nathan left to take Mom to the airport, and I have been crying of and on ever since. It is never easy to say goodbye to your Momma. Anyway, thank you Mom for everything you did for us this past week. You are going to be missed bunches by Brianna and Nate, and of course Nathan and I. And, I am sure my house won't be clean again until I can get on my feet comfortably for any extended period of time.

On, another note, my recovery has gone exceptionally well. I am going to post a picture of my feet soon. I got to see them for the first time Monday at the doctor's office. It was the first time in my life that I have had straight toes. They were absolutely beautiful...and swollen and bruised. I just have to remember to stay off my feet as much as possible. I will go back next Wednesday to get the stitches out, which I am looking forward to so that I can then take a shower without shower bags on my feet. I can't drive anywhere for the next month, so I told Nathan that we would save a lot of money because I wouldn't be able to go shopping for an entire month, unless he takes me. Somehow I don't think that bothered him too much. Overall, I am really glad that we went ahead and had my feet taken care of now because I know in the long run I will feel much better.

3 comments:

  1. Aww...I am sorry your mom had to leave. I know that would be hard.

    I am though, very glad to hear that you are doing so well! Yeah for straight toes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to have that taken care of...I'm proud of you for taking that step!! This is a much, much smaller deal, but I think I'm going to get my teeth straightened finally! If I don't do it now, I'll never do it and Jon gave the go ahead. You have straight toes, and I'll have straight teeth (hopefully!)! Glad your recovery is going so well. I'm sad your mom is gone too...it makes me miss my Mom. ~Becky E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cry baby! i got her back! :P

    ReplyDelete