Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter Pics and More

So,here is a picture that we took of the kids on Easter morning. I threw some easter baskets together at the last minute. Since I can't drive anywhere, I had to wait for Nathan to drive me to the store. Saturday morning, we went to the BX and Commissary. I had to get the kids new socks and sippee cups anyway, so they went in the baskets. Then, I realized I didn't have a basket to put Nate's stuff in, so that night Nathan and I went on a date, and we went to Fred Meyer and got another basket, some easter grass and some books for the kids. I love it that the kids are at an age that it doesn't really matter what (or even if) you give them for easter. We had a good day at church and then Nathan's brother Josh came over for lunch. I had put a roast in to cook that morning, and then Nathan went to the store for some side dishes (I still am not cooking too much, because it requires a lot of standing on my feet).
We had taken some Strawberry Shortcake to our Sunday School class and had some leftovers. So, that evening we ate some along with the kids. Baby Nate really enjoyed playing with, I mean eating his. Isn't he a cutie? The rest of this week has been fairly uneventful. Nathan is battling a head cold, and the kids have had runny noses, but no fevers or anything serious. I went back to the doctor on Wednesday, and I now have very beautiful driving shoes. I can drive short distances if I need to, but I still have to take my boots with me to change into before I actually get out of the car. It sounds like more trouble than it is worth if you ask me, but I think I am going to try to venture to Fred Meyer with the kids tomorrow. I'll have to let you know how it goes. This last pic is of Nate today. I was getting ready to put him down for his nap, and I went in his room, and he was just happily playing with books while he was stuck in his little toy bin. It was so cute, I had to get a picture.

6 comments:

  1. He looks very mischievious in that last picture....actually in all three of them. :-) He is adorable! Glad to know you can be on your feet a little more. I know you'll be glad to be rid of the boots!
    Love you, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for being able to drive! Depiste the pain of putting on and off the boots I hope that the fact that you can get out if you want lifts your spirits! After you quit wearing the boots you should go shoe shopping!!!

    I love the last pic. of Nate. He is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely plan to shoe shop, but I may wait until OK, because it is just three weeks after I get my boots off, and there is a lot more selection there. I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute kids Beth! So glad you'll be able to drive again! I bet you are just itching to go sandal shopping...although, can you wear sandals to show off your toes in AK? ~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazingly, yes, we wear sandals in AK. You just get adapted to the weather, and wear summer clothes and shoes regardless of the temperature. Like, as soon as it gets in the 40's-50's we usually break out the short sleeves and sandals. Although, I never wear shorts here. I can't wait for some really hot weather in OK!!!

    ReplyDelete