This past Sunday, my good friend Ginger's husband came home from a fourteen month tour of duty in Iraq. We are so proud of Jerome and the service that he and the rest of the 425 provided for our country, and we are so glad to have them home. We went to Buckner gym where the troops were welcomed home, and I have never been to a welcome home like that. And, I barely made it. They arrived a little early, so even though I was early, I walked in just as they were singing the national anthem. It was very touching to see the 250 men who had been away from their families for so long standing there at attention. A prayer was said, they sang the army song, and then it was chaos as everyone ran to hug their loved ones. It took a little bit for Ginger to spot Jerome, but I tell you I have never seen her move so quickly, and the children were quick to follow. What a special time! Thank you Lord for protecting these men and bringing them home safely to their families once again.
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Welcome Home Jerome!!!
This past Sunday, my good friend Ginger's husband came home from a fourteen month tour of duty in Iraq. We are so proud of Jerome and the service that he and the rest of the 425 provided for our country, and we are so glad to have them home. We went to Buckner gym where the troops were welcomed home, and I have never been to a welcome home like that. And, I barely made it. They arrived a little early, so even though I was early, I walked in just as they were singing the national anthem. It was very touching to see the 250 men who had been away from their families for so long standing there at attention. A prayer was said, they sang the army song, and then it was chaos as everyone ran to hug their loved ones. It took a little bit for Ginger to spot Jerome, but I tell you I have never seen her move so quickly, and the children were quick to follow. What a special time! Thank you Lord for protecting these men and bringing them home safely to their families once again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beth...thank you!!!! Thanks for the thoughts and prayers while I was gone....thanks, for being a friend and support for Ginger...it was a little easier knowing that Ginger had great Christian friends and family back here for support...thanks.
ReplyDeleteJerome