Saturday, November 24, 2007
Thanksgiving
I hope that you each had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because I love the history behind it as well as the time spent with family and friends. This year, we spent the day with some friends from church and the squadron. Actually, on Wednesday, we got together with the entire 962nd squadron at the Six Mile Chalet on base for a wonderful time of food, fun and fellowship. One thing I am thankful for is that my husband is a part of a great group of people who are a lot of fun to hang out with and we really have become a big "family away from family". I spent most of Wednesday evening and Thursday morning cooking and then we went to our friends, the Anderson's, to watch the Cowboys play and then eat Thanksgiving Dinner. Of course, for those of you that know us well, know that we are die hard Cowboys fans. So, this was a big event, and I am also thankful that the Cowboys are 10-1 for the first time ever- it made Thanksgiving Day so much more enjoyable. We then enjoyed an eventful dinner. We tried to make it a civilized time, but with seven children and five adults, it never is. Of course, we fed the children first and had them sit at the table in the kitchen. Then, the five of us adults got our plates and sat down to eat. Of course, by this time the children were almost done because they were too excited to eat anyway. Except for Brianna...she wanted to sit with her Dad. So she came and sat on her dad's lap. And, she loves the rolls I made, so she was just stuffing them in her face, which her dad thought was funny, until she gagged on them and threw up all over his plate. I actually laughed, but it was really gross. So, after cleaning that up, the other kids had gone to the playroom, so Kyle had to go monitor that, and Nathan had lost his appetite. So, us ladies- Candance, Ginger and I, just sat there and visited for awhile. And of course, Baby Nate just ate through it all. That kid can eat more than any other ten month old I have ever seen, and he isn't ten months old until the 26th. He really likes stuffing. All in all, it was a fun day. We missed being with our extended families, but having a wonderful family here as well as good friends is a blessing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment