Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Pray for Brianna
Yesterday, I had to take Brianna in to the doctor's office. She has been waking up with very raspy, wheezy breathing, and then sometimes she has started coughing to the point where she starts to throw up lots of flem...she calls this "choking". Anyway, it has persisted for about a week, so I decided it was time to go in to the doctor. So, as we are sitting there, the doctor takes a little extra time listening to her lungs, and then tells me that we need to send her to get chest x-rays because he is concerned that she may have pneumonia. OK- so the doctor did a good job of freaking out mom. Anyway, we went to get the chest x-ray, and I couldn't even go in there with her because I had Nate with me to. But, the techs said that she did a great job letting them taking pictures of her insides. This was very cool to a two year old. So, back to the doctor's office, and good news, her lungs were pretty clear. He said there was one spot that the radiologist was going to check out, but other than that, they were clear. So, that means that Brianna just has some sort of respiratory problem (the doctor had a name for it, but I can't remember it). Basically, it is a step below asthma, because she is too young to diagnose that yet. So, we are doing breathing treatments four times a day right now. Pray that Brianna does well with this and that she doesn't "choke" anymore, and that the radiologist will not find anything too concerning, but if he does that we would have wisdom and patience in dealing with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment