Well friends, today had a little variety to it. I awoke this morning to Kinley being up at 6:15...you know, the one who doesn't like to go to bed...she also likes to get up early. Anyway, there was also a nice thunderstorm rolling in, which I enjoyed. It reminded me of Oklahoma weather. When we lived in Alaska, I really missed thunderstorms. So, it rained the entire drive to and from Covenant Academy this morning...not one of my favorite things.
I had already scheduled a babysitter to come for the morning since there is no Mom's Morning Out this week....you know, I thought I might need to go grocery shopping or something. It was a good thing because I ended up having to go pick up some things from base to mail to Nathan, which I have picked up now but have not mailed. I also went by Walgreens and met up with a friend for an impromptu brunch. Didn't get any groceries, but it was a nice morning out by myself.
Now, let me back up a couple of days and let you know that last weekend we went to the beach and my back did not agree with the bed at the condo that we stayed in. So, I have been having back pain ever since, and Tuesday evening it was really bad. So, I applied lots of icy-hot before bed and said that if it wasn't better in the morning I was calling the chiropractor. Because, you know, when you are the only parent around, it is good for you to be able to pick up your baby and toddler and do things with them...like change diapers and give baths, etc. etc. Anyway, my back still hurt this morning, so I called and got an appointment for this afternoon. Bless my babysitter for staying at my house all day long. Even though I was there part of the day, she stayed and helped...what a blessing! So, to cut to the chase, my back has been re-adjusted and feels much better, although not quite 100%...maybe like 85%. I am so thankful for that, and I have another appointment for Friday afternoon...for which I need a babysitter(if anyone in WR is available...please call!).
We also had church tonight, which was nice. We have dinner at church which is wonderful because we get a great home cooked meal that I don't have to cook. And, I love my ladies Bible study group. They are such an encouragement to me, and we just have a lot of fun together. Then, I have the privilege of going to choir practice, which always lifts my spirit and encourages me. Of course, that makes for a late night...and to top that off, Kinley still didn't want to go to sleep again tonight. Hopefully she has fallen asleep by now!!! And maybe she will sleep a little later in the morning...we can always hope and pray. Why is it that the two year old is always the hardest one to deal with??
All in all, it was a good day. The Lord continues to bless me with a peace about this difficult job He has put before me right now. One day at a time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment