Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tuesday, March 29

Well, today went pretty well. The best part about today is that I finally heard from Nathan! He emailed me this afternoon and we were even able to Skype for a little while. It was during naptime, so Brianna was the only child awake. She thoroughly enjoyed talking to her Daddy for awhile. Kinley woke up at the end of the call, and got to see him for a couple of minutes. I think this really confused her, because she has been asking for Daddy all afternoon and evening. Anyway, Nathan arrived safely and had even slept some when he called. He was still pretty tired, and I have a feeling he was heading right back to bed after we hung up. He didn't have much to say, except that he made it there safely. We are so thankful for that!

Bedtime was especially difficult with Kinley tonight. In fact, I still don't know if she is asleep. I spent an hour and a half trying to get her to sleep. Of course, not all of that time was spent directly with her, but I kept checking back with her, and she had not gone to sleep. I even stood over her constantly telling her to go to bed for over thirty minutes. Any advice from you experienced moms out there? This has been going on ever since we moved her into a room with her sister and since she has been in a big bed. She will be fine, even sing bedtime songs and such, and then when we say that it is time to sleep, it is like she just flips out and screams and cries. I surely don't know what to do.

But, other than that, today has also gone very well. Brianna is such a big helper...she even made lunch for everyone today, and if I let her, should would do it every day, but I think we would get tired of cheese sandwiches. :) Nate again was very obedient...I little tired this morning, but I made him take a short nap, and he was fine after that. James is just the best baby ever...I know that the Lord knew I needed a good baby during this time. I mean, I put him to bed at 7:30 in the evening and I still have to wake him up at 7:15 in the morning so I can feed him before we take Brianna to school. No complaints from me there!!!

So, now for a little me time, and then to bed. Another day has passed...

3 comments:

  1. Love the updates! Praying for you all and especially for little Miss Kinley. Give her a big hug and kiss from Aunt Becky....maybe that will help. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amelia has been the one to give us trouble at bedtime. Now we can lay down consequences...she's allowed to stay in bed and talk and sing but the getting up, etc has consequences. At Kinley's age we had just moved her to a big bed/new room so it just took time and consistency (and reminding myself "this too shall pass"). Your situation is special because daddy is gone... Maybe Ginger has some advice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Beth, when I had 4 little 2 year olds in the same room in CO we had some issues with bedtime...What finally worked for me in the transition to toddler beds was going through the bed-time routine and then after turning out the lights I sat by their beds facing away from them and SLOWLY scooted farther away as they fell asleep....the first few nights took the longest and each day I started further and further away from their bed...Hope things get easier at bedtime!!!! At the end of the day everyone is tired and issues seem bigger....Love you and miss you....Laura

    ReplyDelete