Thursday, May 14, 2009

Quick Updates

Well friends, we finally have internet. I have so much to share with you all, but I am just going to give you a quick overview right now, and I will post more later.

We left Alaska very early in the morning on May 1st. Flying with the kids was great...we had no problems, other than us trying to sleep on a plane, with three sleeping kids.

We had a wonderful visit with Nathan's family in Oregon. We went to Multnomah Falls, which is where Nathan proposed to me. We had a family cookout at Nathan's sister Anne's house, we had a wonderful breakfast, provided by his mom, we went to the zoo, I went shopping with mom and Anne, Sunday we went to church, lunch, and then just hung out with family (while I packed). And then we were off to Georgia early Monday morning.

We arrived in Georgia about 1:30 or so, and got a ride to the Vehicle Processing Center, picked up our car, and off we went to Warner Robins, our new home. Of course our first stop was at our new house. Which we absolutely LOVE!!! Besides the fact that someone else had it built for them, it was just made for us!!! We closed on the house just a few days later, and finally, last night we moved in. We are currently waiting for our household goods to arrive. They are supposed to get here sometime today, so maybe we will at least get them by sometime tomorrow. We have made several purchases since we have been here. We had to buy mattresses for the kids rooms, which is what we are sleeping on right now. We also purchased living room furniture. I LOVE it too...it is so beautiful. I will post pics soon.

The COX guy just left the house, that is why I am able to post right now. Phone and internet are now working. I will post our new information when I know it. Right now, it is just a bunch of numbers jumbled up in my head. Nathan knows them though.

I have never seen so many chicken and biscuits restaurants.

Sonny's has the best cornbread EVER!!!

The "General Lee" lives on in Warner Robins...really...I saw it.

There is also a "General Lee" road near our house.

There is also a Green Acres Baptist Church near our house.

That just tells you a little bit about where we live.

That is about it...at least in a nutshell. I will post more later...right now, the kids are ready for lunch.

3 comments:

  1. haha sounds like a lot of fun! aren't we related to a Lee? can't wait to come see your house and stay with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...Brooke, the "General Lee" is the orange car from the Dukes of Hazard, not an actual person. However, yes, we are related to Robert E. Lee, who served during the civil war era. Love you girl!!! You always bring a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you made it and that I read your post this morning. Now I can update the ladies at MOPS, too. You are missed so much! I love you! It won't be the same without you today...

    ReplyDelete