Well, I know that I said that my next post would include pics of our new house, but you are just going to have to wait. I forgot to take pics of the outside of the house before we left town. Someday, I promise I will get them posted.
So, in the past month, we have had some big events happen that I haven't blogged about. I mean, other than the whole moving thing.
The first important event was Nathan's and my fifth wedding anniversary on April 30th. I know I am a month late writing about this, but I have been busy. It was the day that we were leaving Alaska, and we didn't have a moment to spare. But, it was a good day. We did take a little bit of time to celebrate before leaving AK. That afternoon we went to a nice restaurant in downtown Anchorage called Orso's while my dear friend Candance watched Brianna and Nate. I had told Nathan not to get me anything because we were buying a new house and everything, but he bought me something anyway. He gave me a beautiful journey necklace, which I love and have worn several times. I could list several things that I love about my husband, but this post isn't big enough to do so. I will just say that I believe with all my heart that he is the man that the Lord provided for me, and I am so thankful for him and the love and leadership he provides me and our children. I know that this next year is bound to be one of the hardest we will face because of inevitable deployments overseas for him, but I know that we will make it through. Nathan balances me. Sometimes he frustrates me, and I am sure that I frustrate him more, but we always work it out quickly because we can't stand being angry at each other. Bottom line, I love him and am so thankful for him.
The second big event is that Brianna turned four years old last week. We did celebrate her birthday in Alaska with her friends before we left. It was really just a good excuse to get together with all of our friends one last time before we left. We went to the House of Bounce and had a lot of fun. We spent her actual birthday in Oklahoma with my family. On Memorial Day we celebrated with a cookout and birthday cake at Mom and Dad's house. My grandparents came as well as my aunt, uncle and cousins. It was a lot of fun. Brianna has always been such a sweet little girl. She impresses everyone that she tells her Bible verses to. She has so many that she knows...seriously, probably close to about twenty Bible verses, and some of them are passages. She is so smart, and I am looking forward to homeschooling her in preschool next year. And, Brianna has a very tender heart towards other people. She is a wonderful big sister and is Mommy's biggest helper.
And, the last big event happened today. Today I was able to witness the second best wedding I have ever attended. (That would be second to mine.) Today my little brother married the love of his life, Lauren Werner. It was an absolutely beautiful ceremony made even more beautiful because of the love Britt and Lauren have for the Lord and their desire to let HIM have all of the glory. The Lord definitely brought the two of them together and has knit their hearts together so that they can serve Him more effectively. I am so pround of my brother. Words just cannot express how much. I have to stop now or I am going to cry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment