Sunday, May 17, 2009

Another Quick Update

So, we didn't get our household goods last weekend. There were apparently some communication issues, and we didn't even get to speak with the people until Friday around noon. So, we just scheduled it to be delivered Monday morning at 8am, so by the time anyone reads this, we should be unloading our trailer. We have some help scheduled to come all day tomorrow, and even additional help in the afternoon. Pray that all goes well! I promise, my next post will have pics of the house.

Since we didn't get our household goods, we went to Charleston, SC for the weekend. Nathan used to live there, and he knew someone getting married there this weekend. So, Friday afternoon, we loaded up and headed out. Saturday morning we headed to the historic district of Charleston and took a carriage ride through the city. We saw the most beautiful (and expensive) homes that I have ever seen. It was so gorgeous. And, of course we forgot the camera. But, we had a lot of fun. The history behind these homes and buildings is so interesting. After the tour, we went to the old slave markets and shopped for awhile. I didn't buy to much, until we reached a really cool bookstore, and then I had to buy some books about historic Charleston and about Robert E. Lee, one of my ancestors on my dad's side of the family. Saturday evening we went to the wedding, Sunday morning we went to church at Hillcrest Baptist where Nathan used to attend. They had a potluck after church, and we stayed and visited with the people there. They were so sweet and kind. It was a lot of fun for me to meet these people who knew Nathan before I did, and they all told me how much they loved him and appreciated him. I married a great guy!!!

1 comment:

  1. well i'm sorry you didn't get your "goodies", but hey you got that awesome opportunity to go to Charleston! I'm so excited about this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete