Monday, April 20, 2009

There's A Lot Going On These Days

Lots. And lots. And lots.

Let me just try to remember all that has happened this past week.

We moved into TLF (temporary living facilities) on base on Wednesday. It is a fairly nice place to stay. Except for the bed situation. We have a three bedroom apartment style house. There are two full size beds and one single size bed. One full bed and one single bed are very high off of the ground, which is not good for small children. So, Nathan and I are on the high, full sized bed. It is snug. Brianna is on the low, full sized bed. That is fine. Nate is on the mattress of the single sized bed, but it is on the floor of Brianna's room. Kinley is in the room of the single bed, but in the pack-n-play. And, the walls are thin. So, if one person is awake, we all are. Loads of fun! But, in all honesty, we are thankful that we have a nice place to stay. The kids stayed at my friend Olivia's house that day so that we could get some packing done as well.

Thursday was the big day. We were to have the trailer (a 45 foot ocean-going trailer) delivered that morning. They called to say it wouldn't be until 10-11am. Later than we wanted, but do-able. We had hired some young guys from church to come and help us. The trailer didn't get there until 1:30pm. Frustrating, but we just got right to work loading it up. Nathan, the two guys from church, and another gentleman from church, and my brother-in-law Josh loaded the entire trailer of all of our household goods in about six hours. It was amazing!!! They worked so hard!!! Of course, we had a lot done beforehand, but that is still remarkable. The kids stayed at my friend Nicole's house during all of this chaos.

While we were waiting for the trailer to be delivered, we got a phone call from a couple who were interested in renting our home. They came by for a second look, and told us that they did in fact want to rent our home. YEA!!! We are still waiting on some of the legalities of it all, but it looks like they will be renting from us by the end of the week.

Friday I had my last MOPS meeting, which was a really good time. I love that group of ladies and I am sad to have to leave them. After MOPS, the kids went to my friend Candance's house, where she said they both took really good naps- I wonder why??? Anyway, after MOPS, I went back to the house to clean and work on a lot of things. I ended up repainting Brianna's room, because when I went to do the touch up paint, I realized I would have had to touch up the entire room. So, it was easier to just roll it out.

Saturday, we had to get up early and get back to the house to meet the carpet cleaning guys. And, we had to make sure that the carpets were completely cleared, so we had a little work to do. After that, we tried to take it easy for the rest of the day, but back at TLF, it was a wreck, and laundry needed to be done. Oh yeah, and Nathan had to go into work for a little while. So, while it was a more relaxing day than what we had been having, it was still busy.

Sunday...ahhh...our day of rest. Kinda. We went to church, grabbed lunch on the way "home" and then put the kids down for nap. Except, Nate wouldn't nap. Nathan had already gone to sleep, which left me to deal with Nate. I got Kinley down, worked on Nate, and an hour later when Kinley woke back up, Nate still hadn't napped. So, I was so frustrated, I just told Nathan to take the big kids to church that night, and I stayed home with Kinley and just rested.

Today, Monday, I still had to get the bathrooms, kitchen, laundry room and entry way cleaned. And, I still had to finish painting the edges in Brianna's room. Too much for me. I sent Brianna and Nate to my friend Megan's house, and I called a friend who cleans houses, and she came and did most of that for me. I did the painting, and she did everything else. Worth every penny. Probably should have paid her double.

So, up to now, that's all folks. We still have a lot to do, but at least it is more paperwork type stuff instead of actual hard, physical labor.

So, I just have to say a big thank you to all of my friends who have helped me out the past week, especially those who watched my children for me. We totally couldn't have done it without you!!!

5 comments:

  1. WOW! That was a busy week!
    What day do you actually leave Alaska? I know you are going to visit Nathan's family before going to GA, but can't remember exactly when.
    Can't wait to see you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know the answer to Becky's question too! lol... and yes, mom told me about the piano, which is good b/c i'll be able to keep up with my choir stuff for church, and i'll play some fun stuff for ya'll too :) OMG! its coming so fast! can't wait to see everyone! Did you see that i dyed my hair again? Do you like? (its kinda hard to tell but it really is cute!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sisters, We actually leave AK at 1am on May 1st. We will spend three days in Portland, and then fly to GA on Monday, May 4th. YEA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Reading all of that made me realize just how quickly we will see you all! I am so excited! Do you know yet if Nathan will be able to come down too? I remember that you were not for sure.
    L

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like fun! Kind of. But I hope the move goes well for you. I am praying that it does. I can't wait to see you, and the children. Especially Kinley since I haven't seen her yet.

    ReplyDelete