Early!!! With the military, that never happens! But, I am so thankful for the blessing of a couple of extra days for Nath to be home with us and help us pack up the house.
I made a lot of progress while he was gone, thanks to some wonderful friends from church who helped out with the kids. On Monday, my friend Lily came and watched the kids for a few hours while I worked in the garage and downstairs on some stuff. Wednesday morning, my friend Olivia watched Brianna and Nate while I packed up the entryway and coat closet. Thankfully, Kinley cooperated and slept the whole time. Wednesday evening, my friend Karen and her two girls came over, brought dinner, played with the kids, and helped my pack, repair my walls, etc. Ginger came and got Brianna and Nate Thursday morning to take them to play, and I met them later, after the plumber left the house. Nicole came over Thursday afternoon to hang out and I finished getting everything off of the walls and repairing the walls and touching up paint. I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends. I am going to miss them so much. TEAR!!!
Nate had a completely different personality with his Daddy gone. I was at my wits end with him several times. And, since Daddy walked through the door, he has been almost normal again. I guess little boys really do just need their daddy.... a lot!
We still need to sell our home, or find renters. Pray that the Lord provides that in the next three weeks.
My dad has a new blog. You should all check it out. It is alertingamericans.blogspot.com. My dad has been a teacher at a christian school for my entire life, and has been a pastor for several years as well. He is putting his knowledge and passion for our American Christian Heritage into this blog, and it is really interesting. For those "CHA-ers" out there, it is a great reminder of what we learned at school, and for those who have no idea what I was just talking about, it will be a great education on the foundations of our country and our responsibilities as christians. Seriously, go there now.
I'm off to bed now...didn't get much sleep last night, but that is another whole blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yay! nathan is home! :) So glad you got a lot done with the house... I can't wait for ya'll to come to OKC!?! And of course i'll be taking photos of the kids... did mom tell you they got my ticket?!
ReplyDeleteYEA! I am so happy for you. Now you can enjoy Easter together instead of having to go to the airport.
ReplyDelete