We are so excited!!! We had our ultrasound yesterday, and we are having a girl...at least, that is what we think. The technician wouldn't say for certain, but do they really ever? We had a pretty good picture of the baby's "private" area, and there wasn't anything there...so that tells me it is a girl. Which is what I suspected, because this pregnancy is much like the one with Brianna. Anyway, the ultrasound took forever because they have a new 3-D ultrasound machine, and the tech was actually in training on how to use it, and I was one of the guinea pigs. But, we didn't mind too much because we got to look at the baby for a long time, and we even got a 3-D picture of her face and one arm, bent at the elbow. I don't quite know how to use our scanner to try to post the pic, but when Nathan gets back in town I will have him do that so you can see our precious little girl.
So, if you haven't noticed, I have a poll question. We aren't sure what to name the baby...so everyone gets a vote. Let me explain them to you. The first one, Hosanna Grace, is mostly because of Brianna. She has been saying that we were going to have a sister, and that her name would be Hosanna (because she likes the song "Sing Hosanna, Sing Hosanna...) for a long time. I think it is cute, but would having a Brianna and Hosanna be too much? I really just like the names Rachel Elizabeth, Isabella Grace (calling her Bella), and Emery Elizabeth. So, vote and let me know what you think. Feel free to leave a comment to let me know why you like one name over another.
So, tomorrow, I am going shopping for the kids. It should be fun. You would think with this being our second girl that we wouldn't need clothes, right? But, unfortunately for Nathan, or fortunately for me, we do. Let me explain. Brianna was born in OK in the summer...therefore all her 0-3 month clothes are summer clothes and then basically we moved to AK, so all her 3-12 month clothes are winter. But, with this girl, she is going to be born in AK in the winter, thus needing 0-3 month winter clothes, and then we are moving to GA, where she will need mostly summer clothes. It does kind of even out after 12 months...fortunately for Nathan. Anyway, I am excited to go buy a cute baby outfit or two. I will try not to go overboard, because knowing my family, we will get some between now and when she is born. And, I will want to shop the day after Thanksgiving and get some good things on sale.
OK, I'll stop rambling now. Pray for the kids and myself as Nathan is out of town for awhile. It is especially hard this time because, well, with this pregnancy, I am pretty much an emotional basket case all the time. But, the Lord will sustain me. Thank the Lord for Uncle Josh who came over to play with the kids tonight to give me a little bit of alone time. And, I am thankful for good friends to go hang out with. OK- really, enough rambling....go vote on my poll.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like Emery....I think it sounds best with Hendricks. I thought Hosanna was cute, too, but I like Emery better.
ReplyDeleteYeah!!! Britt told me that you thought it was a girl. I am so excited! After we get married I am going to have 4 nieces! That excites me! :)
ReplyDeleteI agree with Becky Emery Elizabeth is really cute! I like Rachel Elizabeth too but everywhere she goes there will be about 10 other Rachel’s. I like names that are a little different and Emery fits the mold. I think that it is really cool too that your name would be her middle name.
I already told you what I thought, but I will go ahead and say it here. My favorite is Emery Elizabeth, and my second choice is Isabella Grace.
ReplyDeleteOnce you decide on your little girls name you can help me with mine. :)
I really like Isabella Grace. It is a very pretty, flowing name. I like the others too. But I really like the name Isabella.
ReplyDeleteI am excited for you all. I think that it is great that you are having another beautiful little girl. I am sure she will bring just as much joy into the world as your other two great children.
Love you lots
Okay you already know what I think, but I'll type it out for offical purposes... I agree with Ruth, Emery Elizabeth, and then Isabella Grace, BUT almost equally. I just can't believe your adding another child to my, I mean our nest! lol I can't wait to see her and love on her!
ReplyDeleteBTW, thank you thank you thank you for all your help today! What a great way to spend the day with loved ones~! TTYL Tater!
yay a girl! congratulations :) I love isabella grace and calling her "bella" for short. so cute! But I'm sure it will be hard to choose...do you and/or Nathan like one better? Anyway, we're so excited for you!
ReplyDelete