Monday, October 13, 2008
Family Day
Yesterday, we played hooky from church. We never do this, but we really felt the need to have a family day. Nathan arrived back in town Saturday afternoon, and we were able to spend a few hours with him Saturday evening, but it just wasn't enough time...considering that the kids and I took naps, and bathtime and such. I made the comment that evening that I wished we could just have a family day the next day, because lets face it, on church day, we just don't spend to much time together. We get up, get dressed and ready to go, the children go in the nursery, I sing in the choir, we were having church potluck this Sunday, and then it is home for naps, wake up, go to evening church, come home, eat and put the kids down for nap. So, we just decided since Nathan had to go back to work on Monday (even though it is a federal holiday and he was supposed to have it off) we would just play hooky. We had a good time together as a family. We went to IHOP for breakfast, and then we went to the mall for a little while...we didn't find much, I just bought some new pajamas. We then came home and took naps...except for Nathan who watched to Cowboys game. After naps, we went to the new TARGET store that just opened...it was so cool. I really love that store, and I have missed it so much. I can't wait to move into a new house and be able to decorate it (on a reasonable budget) from Target. As we walked through the home decor section, I thought that I could really decorate so much just from that one store. I can't wait. We also finished buying winter gear for our kids. Nate needed a snowsuit (luckily someone gave us one for Brianna) and they both needed snow boots. I also got Nate a couple of solid colored shirts, and now we are officially ready for winter. Good thing too....it snowed a lot last night. Anyway, after that we just came home and I cooked dinner and Nathan and the kids just hung out and played while I made homemade bread for Nathan.
It was a really relaxing day, and even though we hated missing church, we felt very refreshed at the end of the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I loved your little "(even though it is a federal holiday and he was supposed to have it off)" It made me laugh.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you all had a lot of fun! My family has skipped church a few tmes for that purpase and I think it is just fine. :)
It is good that you did that. You had a day of rest, which is not common on Sundays, at least for me.
ReplyDeleteThat picture is really cute. I can't wait to see you all again in May.:)
Look at your cute blog! THANK YOU for the comment and I'm glad you like the story. My memory is horrible, I keep expecting someone to say, "It didn't happen like that!" And they would be right, I'm sure. I'm just going on my journals.
ReplyDeleteSWEET kids! And a girl on the way? Wonderful.
So good to hear from you!
I like "Emery" by the way. But they are all cute names. :-)
CHURCH DITCHERS!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHaha jk - I'm just jealous I wish I could take a Sunday off every once in a while but since I play the organ dad says "no break!!!"
I miss you and love you!!!
Brookie~
Beth,
ReplyDeleteI forgot to tell you, ehemmm.... UT won... :o)