Well, today is mostly about Brookie, and my trip here to OK.
1. I am thankful for a younger sister like Brooke. She is the laughter of our family, and I say that in a good way. She is a beautiful young lady, both inside and out. She is a joy to be around, and very helpful with my children, which she has nicknamed "her babies." I am so proud of her accomplishments with piano, and her determination to be an accompanist for Daddy's choir. I am also proud that she finished cheerleading even though she sometimes didn't want to. She is a special young girl, and I know that the Lord has a special plan for her life.
2. I am thankful that Brooke has given up her room here at the house for the past two weeks so that the kids and I can stay at Mom and Dad's house the whole time we are here in OK.
3. I am thankful that Brooke is a talented pianist and is able to play "Hallelujah to the Lamb" for the rest of our family. Oh yeah, and for the school choir tonight. (Side note: pray that the Lord will calm her nerves while she plays tonight.)
4. I am thankful that the children and I were able to come to OK for Brooke's graduation.
5. I am thankful that graduation is tonight, and that we all have new dresses to wear. We've had a lot of fun shopping on this trip. And, that Daddy has a new suit to wear. More fun shopping!!!
6. And, even though I have had a wonderful time here and I enjoy spending so much time with my family, I am so thankful that we are going home on Saturday. We miss Nathan so much and we are ready to be back home with him soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i canNOT believe that brooke is graduating. weren't we just graduating?! crazy how time flies by...
ReplyDeleteSweet post. :) Sisters are the best, aren't they?
ReplyDeleteWe miss you guys and are ready for you to come back! We need to get together when you get settled back in.
I'm so thankful that you got to go home and see your family. The leaves came out, so you are coming home to spring! yea! Miss y'all and Can't wait for you to get home! I'll see you on Sunday!
ReplyDelete:0)
Nicole
It was good to have you and the kids with us. I am proud of Brooke too and the excellent job she did on "Hallelujah to the Lamb". Love ya - Dad
ReplyDelete