Thursday, May 15, 2008

Fun in OK

So, I have been in Oklahoma for a week now. It has been a very interesting week. Let me just start with the flight up here.

It was a night flight, and Nate did not sleep. Well, only 30 minutes or so, so that doesn't count in the grand scheme of a 6+ hour flight. But, surprisingly, I did OK with it. I had an incredibly nice gentleman sitting next to me who was willing to help out, and we somehow made it through the flight to Dallas. Then, on the way to OKC, he slept the entire time. And, needless to say, we slept all day at Mom and Dad's house, until we had to pick up Bryce from school.

It was Bryce's birthday, so we went to Chucke Cheese for dinner, and had a blast. Brianna still talks about how much fun she had, and that she wants to go back. Not anytime soon, as far as I am concerned.

We had a great weekend with Bryce, Britt and Lauren. We just took it easy and visited grandparents and hung out at the house. I bought the kids a blow up swimming pool, which they loved, other than the fact that the water was really cold.

Mom and Dad and Brooke got back Tuesday evening. I was so glad. Nate had started discovering that he could get into everything, and it is nice to have some extra hands to help keep him out of stuff. He really is quite the busy body. If we don't keep the doors shut, he will get into any room or cabinet. And, he loves to climb up onto the kitchen table. And eat the dogs food. And feed the bunny tissue paper. But, he is so adorable.

We had an interesting day today. We intended to go to the mall, but barely even made it there. We had to drop off stuff at the school, visit my Nanny, and visit my Pepa. At my Pepa's house, we found out that my aunt had just been in a car accident, so we hurried out, and I left my purse there. It is hard to shop without your purse. So, Britt had been called to interview for a job just as we were leaving the house, so we took him to his interview. We then went to the mall to pick up my dad's suits, buy him some ties, and then we had to go back and pick up Britt. By that time, we had to use the restroom, so we stopped at ta gas station. We then drove around OKC aimlessly looking for somewhere to eat. We ended up just going back to the McD's by Mom and Dad's house to eat so the kids could play.

Whew!!! And that was just this morning!!! This afternoon I spent with Britt and Brooke just hanging out and shopping.

So, tomorrow is another day. We don't have much planned, but I am sure that whatever we do, it will be an adventure.

1 comment: