Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Fun Pics

So, here are some fun pics we have taken recently. We bought Nate a lifejacket, so of course we had to take a picture of the kids wearing their life jackets.

This next picture is of the snow that we got a couple of weeks ago. On April 25th, we had a record snowfall in Anchorage. It snowed 15.5 inches in less than 24 hours. That is the highest amount for that day of the year- EVER! And, it is the third highest recorded snowfall in Anchorage- EVER!!! This picture was taken off of our back deck.

OK, these next two pictures are of Thunderbird Falls. Last Saturday evening we needed something to do, so we decided to hike to the Falls. It is pretty close to our home, and it is a pretty easy hike. Only like a mile both ways. You can see that even though we recently had a huge snowfall, most of it has melted off by now.

And, here we are at the Falls. Uncle Josh went with us and took this picture. Notice that Brianna is wrapped up in her Dad's sweatshirt. We forgot her jacket, so Nathan had an extra sweatshirt in the car, and it served as a coat for her quite well. And, she was really cute.

The kids and I are heading off to OK tomorrow to visit family and be there for my younger sister Brooke's high school graduation. We are so excited!!! But, we are really going to miss Dad. But, I think he has big plans to do a lot of fishing while we are gone. We will be posting updates of the trip while we are gone. If you are in OK and want to see us while we are there, you can reach me at my parents home. Hope to see you all soon!

3 comments:

  1. Me! Me! I want to see you! And I can't wait to! I am really glad you are going to be here this week. It is going to be fun. Also, my last final is Friday morning, so I will see you after that. I do work Friday evening and Saturday during the day though. But that is ok. It will be a lot of fun.
    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see ya'll!

    The second picture made me laugh because I was thinking "haha...Global warming...?" :p

    See you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete