Well, lots has happened since I last blogged. I have been meaning to write for awhile, but it just hasn't happened. So, let me start with where we left off.
We left OK Saturday, May 24th, which was also Brianna's third birthday. I also came down with some sort of bug that day, and thought I was going to die. Not really, but I didn't even want to get out of bed to pack my suitcase, let alone fly all the way home with two children by myself. But, the Lord gave me the grace to make it home. Thanks to my mom and sisters who helped get me packed and watched the kids that morning. And, my children weren't too bad on the flight home. We all actually slept part of the time, so it was OK. Not good, but OK. We were glad to be back home with Nathan, which made it all worth it.
So, Sunday I got up to try and go to church. I still didn't feel good, so I laid back down, still planning to get up and go to church. I slept until 11:45, waking up to find that Nathan had just taken the kids to church without me. I felt a little better after all that sleep, but I still didn't feel great. But, we had promised to take Brianna fishing when we got back, so we packed up and headed to church camp in Wasilla for Memorial Day. It was a good time, even though I didn't eat much and drank a ton of ginger ale.
To make a long story short, I was sick for about five days. But, thankfully, I am feeling much better now. I am still trying to get my home in order from being gone so long and then being sick as soon as I got home, but things are looking better.
Last Wednesday, I went to my last appointment with my foot doctor. My bones are completely healed, and I can now enjoy whatever shoes I desire. Time to shop!!! No, really, I still can't run or do anything high impact, but for the most part, I am good to go!
We celebrated Brianna's birthday with her (and our) friends at the park last Saturday evening. It was a lot of fun just getting together and letting the kids play and visiting. I will have to post pics from the party on another post. Soon.
So, that is what has been going on around here. Not much this week except getting things in order- cleaning, grocery store, etc. Oh yeah, and I have to get ready for a garage sale with our Sunday School class this weekend. That sounds like tons of work, I mean fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I will try to send you some pics tonight, from the party. I have some good ones!
ReplyDeleteGlad you are feeling better.
I didn't know you were sick for so long! But, at least you were on your way home to Nathan. I know you missed him terribly and he missed you guys just as much.
ReplyDeleteApparently our other siblings have decided not to blog.........indefinitely. I guess we'll have to rely on Lauren and Dad for all of our blogging news. :-)
Have fun getting ready for the garage sale!
haha okay so mom said it was going to have to be sha-naynay 2 b/c its black like yours was but i kinda like sha-baby... :) it suits me more...
ReplyDeleteI heard you felt bad before you left. I am sorry you were sick. :(
ReplyDeleteI miss ya'll already! Sounds like life is going well though. (minus sickness :p)