I didn't realize it has been so long since I last blogged. So, what has been going on in the Hendricks household...
Well...the kids and I went to OK for about ten days. The drive there really wasn't that bad. Thank the Lord for a DVD player in my car and little gerber puffs to pacify Kinley. The next trip should be even better because I will be able to turn Kinley's car seat around so she can watch movies non-stop for two days as well! (I'm kidding...I did turn it off some!) We met my parents and went to the lake with them for the first weekend we were there. We had a great time for two days, and then the last night we were there, Brianna got sick and I got no sleep and it was just all kinds of fun! However, my parents were a huge help we got all packed up and headed home without any big messes. Brianna was sick for a couple of days...don't really know what it was, but she was over it by the following Monday.
I was able to meet up with a good friend of mine on both Monday and Friday. That was really good for me, because when you move, it just takes time to become close friends with people. It is really good to have someone that no matter how long you have been apart, you can just pick up like you were always together and be able to chat and share.
I was also able to see all of my grandparents two times, and I had really good visits with all of them. I have been so blessed to have four grandparents who are still alive and who love me so much. I love them all and I am so thankful for the time that the Lord has given me with them.
Ok, so other than the trip, what has been going on? I don't know...life has been happening fast and furious.
Nathan passed his check ride and is now "officially" a JStars pilot. He has been flying a lot since then and even participated in an exercise the first week in his new squadron.
Brianna is doing really well in her gymnastics classes and is starting to read. She is such a big girl. We bought her a princess dress up kit and she LOVES playing princess now. In fact, she wears that most days...maybe I should wash it soon!
Nate...well, is Nate. Always getting into something...I'll spare you the disgusting details of the latest fiasco, but it was totally gross. But, he has that sweet smile that just melts my heart, no matter what he does. He is also starting to sing more, which is really sweet. Before bedtime, I always spend time singing and praying with the kids. With Nate, I sing his "fishing" song (which I just made up), Jesus Loves Me, and lately, "Lord, You Are". Yesterday, for the first time, Nate sang "Lord, You Are" with me. It is the sweetest thing to hear your children sing praises to Jesus!
Kinley, well, lets just say that I cannot wait for those teeth to finally break through. And, I think she has seasonal allergies, so that just compounds the misery. She crawls, pulls up to things, and is starting to wave. She also just has the brightest smile and an adorable little laugh. She is sleeping now, so that is why I have time to type.
As for me, I just keep up with the rest of the family. I was able to decorate the house for the fall this past week, which is a ton of fun. I went to Home Depot and bought some wheat straw, pumpkins and mums to decorate my front porch. Other than that, I was able to get a lot of cool stuff at Hobby Lobby on sale...and some on a better sale thanks to my brother!
OK, so enough rambling by me...eventually, I will post pics, but probably not today, unless Nath decides to do that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
love the updates :) Glad you got to go to OK to see your family, they sound really supportive and helpful! I'm so happy fall is here, and i just finally decorated our porch for fall too! Pumpkins, little hay bails, its my favorite season. Can't wait to see pics soon, your blogs were pretty far spaced out....maybe I'm rubbing off on you :) ~Anne
ReplyDelete