1. I am thankful for a warm and safe house to live in here in AK. The weather has been so cold lately- I don't think that it has gotten above zero once this week. BURRR!!!
2. Since it has been so cold, I haven't gotten out of the house much, which means that I haven't spent any money this week. That is always a good thing!
3. My brother-in-law Josh came over today to teach me how to make Swedish Rolls, which is a very special, and secret, Youngren family recipe. That would be Nathan's mother's family.
4. I am thankful for 33 1/2 weeks of pregnancy that have gone very smoothly. At my last appointment we thought that the baby's heartbeat was a little low, but after going to Labor and Delivery and being hooked up to monitor's for about an hour, and scaring Nathan and the kids in the process, everything is fine.
5. I am thankful that I only have 6 1/2 weeks left until I get to hold my precious little baby girl in my arms. I seriously can't wait!
6. I am so thankful for a wonderful, understanding husband. I have not been sleeping well lately, and he has put up with my tossing and turning, and even crying. He will just lay there and hold me and tell me that it will be OK, not to worry, etc. He is so sweet, and I could not make it through this pregnancy, or any other time of my life, without him. I love you Babe!!!
7. I am so thankful for Brianna, who understands when Momma has had a bad night of sleep, and will take Nate into the other room and play for an hour or so, so that I can get a little more sleep. She has such a tender heart and is such a good playmate for her brother.
8. I am also thankful for my little Baby Nate, whose smile will light up any room, and it definitely lights up my heart every time I see him. He is such a joy and he also plays well with his sister, most of the time.
9. I am thankful for the time that we have had in AK. We have had so much fun exploring this wonderful land that God created, we have been able to meet our financial goals, and most importantly, we have become friends with some of the most wonderful people. We will truly miss them once we leave AK.
10. And, especially since it has been so cold this week, I am thankful that we are moving back to the lower 48. It is weird how the Lord prepares our hearts for the next adventure that HE (not the Air Force) is sending us on. Although it is difficult to leave our friends here is AK, and it is difficult to not move home to OK, I am so excited to move to GA and meet new friends and get settled in to our new life there.
I hope that you all have had a wonderful New Year and that each of you take the time to reflect on the great things that God has done in your life over the past year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I would love to get together soon...call or email me with your schedule...I'm pretty free these days. :)
ReplyDeletePraying for you!
miss ya girl! Can't wait until you are closer!
ReplyDelete