Monday, January 12, 2009

Positive!!!

Well, we have survived the great freeze in Alaska. It is officially out of the negative temperatures now. After over two weeks of extremely negative temps, it is finally above zero degrees. In fact, we are having a warm front come through...it is actually supposed to be in the teens today, with snow. Now, you may think I am crazy for saying that, but when it has been as cold as it has been for the past 2 1/2 weeks, the teens sounds AMAZING!!! When it is finally warm enough to snow, it is a good thing.

On other news, we haven't done too much lately, just because of the extreme temps, and Nathan has been taking my car to work because his is literally frozen (seriously, the tailgate will not go back up because it is frozen down). I do plan to take the kids to run errands tomorrow, probably just to Target and the Commissary, but that is exciting for me these days. And, we have MOPS this week, so that is always a fun thing to look forward to.

We have also been battling colds around our house. It started with Brianna last week, and then I have it, but I am getting better. I think Baby Nate has a bit of a cold, but not sure yet how bad it is- so far just a touch of a runny nose. And, then last night Nathan said he thought that he was coming down with it. So, the course continues. At least there is no vomit...yet.

The interest in our home has picked up a little bit. We really haven't done too much to advertise, but we are getting some phone calls and people setting up appointments to come and see it. So far, only one person has actually come, but hopefully more will start to come now that the temperatures are on the positive side. We created another blog so that people can view our house in more detail than just the few pics you can put on craigslist or whatever other site we are using. It is www.11734galenabayloop.blogspot.com if anyone is interested.

And, now only five weeks until our little girl is due. I guess I should wash clothes and get out the baby equipment, and that kind of stuff. But, so far, I haven't done a thing. I do plan on buying some diapers and baby laundry detergent at Target tomorrow. At least that is something. Maybe Nathan and I will get the other stuff out this weekend (we've been saying that for a few weekends now) so that I can get stuff washed.

And, one more thing. Baby Nate turns two in just two weeks now. For his birthday party, we are just inviting his friends to go to McD's with us to play. That way, I don't have to entertain people in my home. So, for those of you in the area, we are meeting at the Eagle River McD's at 5pm on Saturday, Jan. 24th, and you are all invited. I can't believe how big he is getting. He has always been my "little man" because he just looks like a little man, but now, he even acts like it. He is so adorable...I could go on and on about how cute he is, but I will save that for his actual birthday.

2 comments:

  1. shucks. Wish we could come to the party. If only we were bajillionaires. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I caught your cold all the way in PA! John and I have been fighting it too! Good to hear that everything is okay....I'm almost done with your quilt, so the baby laundry detergent is a good buy. :-) Kiss the kiddos for me....and tell Nathan I say "Hello"!

    ReplyDelete