Well, Dad and Jon were able to come up for a fishing trip on the world class Kenai river for King Salmon with Josh and me. Dad caught the biggest fish of his life, a 48 and 1/2 inch Chinook salmon that weighed 50 pounds! Even though the rest of us didn't bring a fish into the boat, we were happy for him. Dad officially holds the record in our family for the biggest fish caught in freshwater now. As I joked with Dad about it, I told him I was getting emotional, because I remember when I helped him tie on his first hook! Nice Fish, DAD!!! (Notice he had to hold up the fish with both hands, and the boat supporting its weight!) Click on the picture to get a sense of how BIG this fella was.

As we drove around later, we found a Moose with her 2 baby calves right near the side of the road. Keep in mind, we only had our car between them and us! Great picture, except for the one or two drops of rain on the lens.
As we drove around later, we found a Moose with her 2 baby calves right near the side of the road. Keep in mind, we only had our car between them and us! Great picture, except for the one or two drops of rain on the lens.
ah!... the kids look so cute w/ their grandpa hendricks! :) and beth you look like a big peach bundle of something in that coat! lol but still the cutest lil mom ever! Miss ya'll!
ReplyDeleteLove
Brooke~
WOW. That salmon was huge! Its almost as big as dad! :) hehe. It looks like you guys all had so much fun, wish we coulda been there...remember fishing at duck lake in washington? :) good times, love you guys, cute pictures of the kids!
ReplyDeleteI am amazed by that fish! Crazy!!! Looks like you had a great time though! I love Nate's face in the picture with his grandpa!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you were able to enjoy that fishing trip with your fam! Looks like you have a marvelous time. :-)
ReplyDeleteOkay, that picture of the inside of the halibut was interesting... And Nater's with his Gpa Hendricks is adorable. Priceless!
ReplyDeleteWow - what great photos! Kevin will be jealous when I show him. You know he loves to fish. He and Nathan would sure hit it off.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the upcoming addition to your family! Hopefully we'll get to meet your little ones (growing so quickly) sometime soon. Take care.
Love
Shelly