On Wednesday, I had yet another appointment with my foot doctor. I am now able to wear normal shoes, as long as they have a shell to them. So, no flip-flops, or anything with a soft bottom to the shoe. Anyway, now although my bunions don't hurt so much, the rest of my foot is a bit sore from learning to use those muscles again after not using them for almost two months. OUCH!!! But, I am not complaining, because I get a lot of foot massages and a little soreness is better than the constant pain I had before.
So, while I was at my doctor's appointment, my good friend Nicole watched my children for me. It was during their nap time, but they did not nap. She said they were good for her, so that was fine. But, Nate fell asleep on the way home, and slept for about an hour. He then woke up so cranky...bedtime could not come fast enough that evening. Brianna stuck it out a little bit longer, but finally gave in to the sleepiness during dinner. It was so cute that I had to take a picture.
Thursday, I again stayed home and cleaned. Nathan had been waking up with a cough for a couple of mornings, so I decided I needed to really clean our bedroom. So, I dusted everything (and we have a lot of wood in our bedroom), I did all the laundry, I changed the sheets, vacuumed the bed, vacuumed the floors. You name it, I did it. Subsequently, Nathan is no longer coughing, but I am. That is why I am posting this a six o'clock in the morning.
Friday, was a great day. I went to my monthly MOPS meeting, which is Mothers of Preschoolers. We had a great time of fellowship and prayer. I love the group of ladies that the Lord has put in my life to encourage and uplift me.
Saturday, Brianna and I went on a little mommy-daughter date. It was so cute...when we got in the car, we were pulling out of the garage, and Brianna asked me, "So, are you going to talk to me or sompthin?" (That last work is "something" in Brianna talk.) So, we turned off the radio/CD player and just talked about her day. It was so sweet. A friend from MOPS who is moving was selling some of her girl clothes and boy clothes, so we went shopping for the kids at her house. Her children are just older than mine, so the sizes worked out perfectly. We then went to the commissary to grocery shop. It was a really good time with Brianna.
That evening, Nathan and I got to go out on a date to one of our favorite places here in Anchorage. It is the Bear's Tooth Theater. It is unique because they have taken out every other row of seats and put in tables, so you order your food (which is from a local pizzeria called the Moose's Tooth) and sit in the theater and they bring you your food while you watch the movie. It is so much fun! We saw the Bucket List, which was a pretty good movie.
So, there is our week in a nutshell. This next week, I just have more cleaning to do. It should be fun!
Love the picture of Brianna asleep at the table! I've only had one child (Mabry) do that in her high chair! It's always so funny! Sometimes I think I could do that when I finally get to sit down for dinner....:)
ReplyDeletehey! this is brooke... i just made dad a blog, so you need to remember to look at it when he starts doing his own thing on it!
ReplyDeleteShe must have played hard! Glad you had a good week. Any more snow???
ReplyDeleteNo snow...in fact, it has started to warm up and the snow has melted away, for the most part. We have temps in the 40's today, and up into the 50's the rest of the week. For AK, that is WARM!!!
ReplyDeletewhy do your kids like taking "up-the-nose" pictures? lol
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good week to me. I like "uneventfull" weeks every once in a while. They are relaxing.
ReplyDeleteI miss Bear Tooth! Scott and I were talking about restaurants in Anchorage that we missed, and Bear Tooth/Moose's Tooth was definitely one of our favorites!
ReplyDeleteHAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!
ReplyDeleteI second the HAPPY ANIVERSARY!!! but only b/c i saw becky put it... i really don't remember those things, so if becky wants me to say the same for her in a few weeks your gonna have to put it up first lol... but please UPDATE!!!
ReplyDeleteLove ya'll!
Brooke~