
So, yesterday we had a lot of things to do. First, we had to go by the hospital on base to have more blood work done for Nate. (Nothing serious is wrong, he just has low iron, so they like to check every once in a while.) Then we went out to Gymboree at the mall to redeem my gymbucks- Nate needed clothes for the summer desperately. So, we were there, and the little area where the kids get to play and watch TV is right by the little boys clothes. So, I let Nate get down and walk around a little bit. As I was looking at a shirt that said "Mommy's Little Monkey" on it, I looked down to check on Nate, and he was gone. Mind you, I was just a couple of feet away from him this whole time. So, I start looking under all the racks making my way to the front of the store. I was about halfway through the store when a man says, "Hey, someone's kid is walking out into the mall!" I said, "Is it a little boy?", he answered yes, and I tried to run after him. (Luckily I dropped the monkey shirt at the door, or we would have had another interesting situation on our hands.) However, keep in mind that I still have walking boots on both of my feet, so I just hobbled quickly after him- I am sure that was a sight. Another nice man in the mall stopped him
on the other side of the mall, so I could actually catch up to him. Of course when I did all this, I left Brianna in the store, so I got back into the store, and Brianna was walking around yelling, "Mommy, where are you?" Needless to say, I felt like a horrible parent at that point. I was just glad that both of my children were safe with me in the store. Nate spent the rest of the time in either my arms or the stroller, and then as I was checking out at the cash register, he started chewing on some cords coming out of the table. What kind of sick is that? The other ladies in line were laughing about it, and I just smiled and said, "He is all boy!!!" And, I did buy the monkey shirt...I figured after all that, he deserved it.
I'm glad everyone is okay....but I'm getting a great visual of you trying to hobble through the mall after an 15 month old little man! Nate's probably never had so much space to run around in!
ReplyDeleteWow, crazy day! Next time you go call me and I will meet ya there...I love the mall. :)
ReplyDeletehahahaha... Go Nate Go!!! lol btw... i've got a great pic i'm putting on my blog for nathan!!
ReplyDeleteI must say that is pretty funny. Maybe not for you at the time. :p Jonathan has a monkey shirt! Although....he is a little older than 15 months. ;) hehe
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry Beth,I guess Cutter is a bad influence on Nathan. Gees louise and they are only under the age of 2!!!! lol.
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
Brianna's future mother in law! lol
That is funny. I was picturing you hobbling across the mall, also. That must have been fun.
ReplyDeletehaha... to nathan: thanks for the encouragement! but my 20's will be amazing, i won't have to worry about getting rinkles and stuff like you do! hahahahaha
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete