Friday, February 8, 2008

This Week

This week has been a pretty busy week. We will start with last Saturday, when we had Nate's first birthday party with all of his (or our) friends here in Alaska. We had a football themed party, and since we are Cowboys fans, we all wore our jerseys. Overall, we just had a good time fellowshipping with our friends.
Nate really enjoyed his cake. I wish I had taken a picture of him after he had eaten some of it. He was covered in blue icing. He was so messy, he was taken straight to the bath tub. After his bath, we opened presents. Nate got an airplane, a fire truck, a tractor, and two really cute outfits. I tell you, we do not need any more toys in this household. And, just so you know, the bottom picture here is of Nate and his friend from church, Aubry.
On Sunday, we went to church and then went to some friends house to watch the Super Bowl. We had to leave early because Nate wasn't feeling very well (probably all the icing the night before). But, we weren't really into the game, we just wanted the Patriots to lose, so we were pretty pleased with the outcome.
The rest of this week has just been busy doing all sorts of things. And, to make it worse, we have been in the negative temperatures all week. Not once has it even been ZERO. Now, when it gets this cold, I usually try to only get out of the house when I have to, but I had a full week planned. Monday, I had a meeting. Tuesday, we went grocery shopping. Wednesday, we went shopping with Candance at the mall...and yes, it was important to do so. And, Thursday, we had ladies day at my friend Nicole's house. Not to mentions, Jazzercise every morning. So, we have been enduring the bad temps all week. Today, I had to take the trash out, and I nearly froze, just in the two or three minutes it took me to get the trash from the garage to the curb. Hopefully, it will get warmer soon...at least in the positive numbers.

5 comments:

  1. Yikes...I don't think I could handle that kind of cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...that's really cold. We're supposed to have an artic blast this weekend, but nothing close to below zero temps. We were glad the Pats lost too!!! Looks like you had a good week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cold! Ah! I cannot imagine.

    You have the cutest kids btw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol brianna's hair looks a lil awkward... just to let ya know. but she's still a cutie! so i'm not very good w/ talking to lil kids on the phone (especially if i'm driving!) so sorry if she/ya'll got bored w/ that! i think i like the white w/ yellow one the best btw...
    Love all ya'll!
    Brooke~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why would you want to Patriots to lose. They were supposed to be the greatest team ever! And I hate the Giants! Oh well...it was a really good game. By the end of the 3rd quarter, I didn't really care.

    Nice pics. And by the way, Brooke likes the white and yellow dress.

    ReplyDelete