Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

So, I know it is the day after Valentine's Day, but I still wish you all happiness and God's love. We have had a great week around here. My Valentine's started on Wednesday. That day I had gone to Jazzercise in the morning, and then I stayed home and made my homemade bread and pie crust (for apple pie) because my husband requested that I do so. So, I had been on my feet all day. About five o'clock, I finally sat down, with my feet absolutely killing me, and Nathan walked in with red and white roses for me. They are absolutely beautiful. But, I was like, Valentine's Day isn't until tomorrow. But he said, "This way, you can enjoy them for all of Valentine's Day." I thought that was so sweet. Then, Thursday, I just had a very busy day. I went to Jazz again, and then I had to go set up for MOPS at the church. Then, I wanted to get the house clean for Nathan, and our bedroom. Now, my bedroom had not been cleaned well in quite a while. And, it is very important for me to have our bedroom clean. I feel that our room is an escape from the children and the business of this life, so I desire for it to be a haven for us to go to when we need to relax. But, it had not been that way for awhile. So, I worked hard to return my room to this relaxing state. Then, had to go to the store to by a few groceries. So, again by the time Nathan came home, I hadn't sat down all day and my feet were again killing me. So, I sat for a short time, and then I made this awesome Grilled Pesto Salmon recipe for our dinner. Then, Brianna and I made Valentine cookies for the MOPS meeting, which was today. I then got a foot massage from Nathan, so I felt extremely spoiled and refreshed afterwards. So, while our Valentine's Day was not glamorous in any way, we had a good time and got a lot accomplished. And, we had a good time together as a family, which is what love is all about.

Two notes:
First, our Sunday School class had desired for some time to do a different study during the Sunday School hour a church. The Lord had opened the door for us to do the Radically Married curriculum both for Sunday School and for Discipleship Training time at our church. Nathan is going to be the teacher for this class, starting February 24th. Please pray for us during this time. We know that when we do what God wants us to do, Satan will attack. We are praying that the Lord will strengthen our marriage and allow us to encourage others during this time.

Second, Brianna is sick. She came down with something during MOPS this morning. Please pray for her as she doesn't feel well at all right now.

3 comments:

  1. roses for the whole vday... very sweet. way to go nathan! lol hope all is well w/ ya'll! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw. That is sweet. He did a good job!

    I hope Brianna starts feeling better soon! Tell her I say hello. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are busy. You should slow down every once in a while.

    But it also sounds like you had a good Valentines Day.

    I will definately be praying for you and Nathan as you start Radically Married. I will also pray specifically for Brianna's health. I am praying for Baby Nate,too. So just know that you are in my prayers.

    Love you,
    Britt

    ReplyDelete