This has been a particularly challenging week for me. For one thing, Nathan has been working extra hours this week getting ready for exercises during the next couple of weeks at work. That means that I have been with my children pretty much all day every day, without any breaks. Brianna especially has missed her time with her daddy, even to the point where she was crying yesterday asking to call her daddy to have him come home. So, today, when Nathan had to go into the office this morning, no one, including him, was to thrilled about it. But, he came home just in time to put Brianna down for nap, and let me go grocery shopping without two children (all you moms out there know how much of a blessing this is). Then, this evening we got to go out as a family, and well, I got to do a little retail therapy. I think everything I bought was on sale. :)
Anyway, all of this just makes me appreciate every minute we do have together as a family. I guess because my husband is in the military, I often contemplate what I would do if anything ever happened to him. And I know that the Lord could choose to take him, my children or myself home to Him at any time. I also know that the Lord has a plan for us, and whatever happens is His plan for my life. I say all this to make the point that even through all of the frustrating moments this past week, I am so thankful for my children and all the time we were allowed to spend together this week. Even when Brianna had to do everything by herself and I was running late, or Nate just wanted to have me hold him, so I didn't get my house cleaned, I had to stop myself and tell myself that they are the priority, they are what my "job" is, and the moments that I take to train them and love on them is the most important way I can spend my time. And then it is totally worth it when Brianna crawls in my lap and tells me that she loves me, or when Nate gives me one of his huge smiles.
So, the next two weeks Nathan will be working even more than he did this past week. I pray that I can keep the proper perspective during this challenging month. I am sure that there are going to be many laughs and smiles to keep me going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment