Dear friends,
As this deployment comes to an end, I would like to say thank you to so many people. In fact, there are too many to number. But, I am going to give it a try...
First, I would like to thank the US Air Force for giving me this opportunity for the past ten weeks...OK, not really. Just kidding!!!
OK, really, first I want the say thanks to my heavenly Father, who has been my helper, comforter, protector, and so, so much more to me. At times, I thought that I would not make it through, and He always provided help or encouragement or comfort at just the right time. I am so thankful for a relationship with the King of Kings. Because seriously, I really could not have done this in my own strength, and I do not see how those who don't have a relationship with the Lord do it.
Thanks to my family. All the phone calls with my mom, just when I needed adult conversation. And Daddy calling just to check up on me. And, especially my sister, Brooke who came and spent her vacation NOT sleeping, but helping me party it up with four kids.
Thanks to my church family. I am seriously going to cry. Because you have all been amazing. I am going to mention some names, but I know I will leave some out. My babysitters- Adrienne and Heather, who have been faithful caretakers of my children when I have been at my wits end, or I have had to take kids to the doctors, or whatever. Mrs. Pam and Mrs. Debra, who have just adopted my children into their lives and have come over to give me a break and have never left a dish not washed. Patrick for taking care of the lawn. Cindy for cleaning my house. Her husband, Matt, for coming over with her and just doing any handy work he could to help out. Jeremy for also doing some jobs for me around the house. His wife Brandi for helping with housework. Alma for watching the kids at a moments notice so I could take one of the to the doctor. Anna, for just coming over to hang out and give me some company. Leigh Ann...what an adventure trying to take all the kids out to eat. But, we did it! My Sunday School girls- lots of fun...we need to have another night out!!! Bro. Terry and Kelly, thanks for being an encouragement and kinda like a second set of parents to me (although you really aren't old enough...especially you Kelly!). The ladies in my Bible study group- I know God placed me in there with you so that I could learn from you and so that you would be a source of encouragement to me through this deployment. And then, to all of you have just stopped me to ask how Nathan is, how we are, and offer your help. I always knew that if I needed anything, I had a long list to go to.
A special thanks goes out to an anonymous person who called early in the deployment to say they wished they lived closer to help out. But, since they didn't, they wanted to pay for someone to clean my house. You really have no idea how much that helped. Because, I am convinced that if it weren't for that, my house may have never gotten cleaned. Yep, pretty sure! Not only did the house cleaning help, but the love and encouragement really touched me. Love you!!!
And, thanks to all who have been faithful followers of my blog. I really wish I knew who all of you are, but I guess that would be too much to ask. It does amaze me when I talk to someone and they know something about me. I'm like, "how do you know?" and they respond..."I read your blog." It always amazes me that people actually want to hear about our lives. But, it has accomplished the purposes that I set out for it. It has been therapy at the end of a rough day, helping me keep my sanity. It has helped me to reflect on the goodness of the Lord. He is always good. All the time. Even when I doubt Him or my abilities, He is faithful to see me through.
One more thing...I will continue to blog. Maybe not EVERY night, as I have tried to do most of this deployment, but I will. And, much more consistently than I did before the deployment. Because, I still want to reflect and see the goodness of the Lord in every day!
Love you all!!!
Beth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment