Well, I know it has been awhile since I last blogged. A lot has happened. Nathan has been deployed since right after Christmas. Christmas itself was eventful. Kinley was sick, and I ended up in the ER with her the day after Christmas, and come to find out, she had pneumonia. Also, I had an ear infection. So, life was happening when Nathan left. Kinley is now better, as am I, and we have somewhat adjusted to life without Nathan around here. Not that we like it, but life goes on. We are able to talk with him every once in a while as well as Skype. Praise the Lord for modern technologies. Please continue to pray for his safety as he is serving in the middle east.
As for life here, it has had its good times and not so good times. Tonight was one of those not so good times. Lots of tears shed from the children, and subsequently, by me. But, I guess in a way a good cry makes things better. I was able to Skype with Nathan, but he didn't have his headset, so we just had to chat with our fingers. He is doing well...he looks good, as always.
I pray a lot for patience for myself. I know that the Lord has been gracious in granting me this request many times, because otherwise I would have blown up many times by now. Sometimes the way I am able to respond to the children in a calm voice even surprises me. Thank you Lord!
Aunt Becky has come to save the day. Really, she has been a tremendous help this week. Tonight alone she cleaned the kitchen, gave Brianna a bath and picked up the playroom. And, more than any of that, she has been a friend for me. It gets lonely talking to preschoolers almost all of the time. Tomorrow we are leaving for OK where the kids and I will be spending about a month with my parents. This should be a fun adventure! Lets all pray that Kinley sleeps well in her pack-n-play.
Well, that is my rambling for tonight. I am thankful for all that the Lord has blessed me with (even though at times, like tonight, life has been a challenge) and I pray that you take a little time today to tell the Lord what you are grateful for as well. It helps put life into perspective. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment