Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday Nate!

Three years ago today, a little man stole my heart. He has always been "Mommy's Little Man" and everyone knows it. He looks just like me and was very attached to his momma during the first year of his life, just as all of my children have been. One of his Sunday School teachers in AK even found a shirt that said "Mommy's Little Man" and had to buy it for him. Now, as his Daddy is deployed, he has become quite attached to his momma again, which is OK. He comes and gets in bed with me almost every night now...something that has never been done in our home. But, he needs that security right now, so it will have to be OK. I love him, and even though it means I don't get as much sleep, I would do anything for that little man.

Nathan Jeremiah Hendricks has been such a joy and privilege to care for. He presents more challenges than his sisters do...at least for his Momma. He is, well, stubborn and defiant even at times. But, when those times try me as a parent, I tend to pray that the Lord will use those traits for good in him some day. Right now, I assume that the Lord is using those traits to teach ME something! I know that the Lord has a plan for Nate, and I pray every night that Nate would know the Lord as his personal Lord and Saviour. I pray that Nate would choose to follow the Lord and serve the Lord every day of his life.

Nate has had a wonderful year being two. He became a big brother and moved from Alaska to Georgia. He can talk up a storm now and just recently started singing songs in full. One day he didn't know I was in the room, and he sang "Lord, You Are" in its entirety, which was medicine for a frustrated mother's soul. How sweet it is to hear your children sing praises to the Lord. Nate can also say the entire Pledge of Alligiance, and his favorite video clip is Tim Hawkins "The Government Can", another song he can sing most, if not all, of. He is a really smart little man...but he doesn't want you to know it. He hides it and then one day he says all of his Bible verse, or sings the whole song, or something like that.

Nathan Jeremiah was names after his Daddy. And, while he may look a lot like his momma, he is a lot like his Daddy too. And, there is no person on this earth I would rather him be like. His Daddy uses his "stubborn" side to stand up for the truth and has such a desire to share Christ's love with others. I pray Nate will be much like his Daddy when he gets older. Nate is also named after Dr. David Jeremiah, a pastor Nathan and I watch on TV quite frequently and who has impacted our lives.

Lord, I pray that you would use Nathan Jeremiah for your glory, every day of his life. I pray that he would know you personally, and that he would share your love with the world. Keep him safe and secure in Your arms. Thank you so much for the privilege of raising this young man here on earth. We don't deserve such a blessing, but we are so thankful for him. Help me as a mother to love him unconditionally and to understand his needs right now and be patient to meet them. Amen.

Happy 3rd Birthday Nate! Your Momma loves you very much!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Nate!

    maybe you will get to come to Colorado one day

    Uncle John

    ReplyDelete