Monday, August 17, 2009

What's Been Going On...

Well, let's start with the fact that my computer has had some terrible virus lately, and was very difficult to use. So, that is why I haven't been around much lately. But, my wonderful husband fixed it, and now it is really fast again and there are no weird things popping up at me!!!

I finally had my house cleaned by someone else last week. It was absolutely wonderful. Now, to just convince Nathan that it should be a regular occurrence.

I started potty training Nate. Last Monday, I actually ran out of diapers. So, I just showed Nate that we were all out of diapers and explained to him that he was going to have to be a big boy because there were no more diapers for him. It actually worked!!! He has had a few accidents, but for the most part has "kept it dry", as we like to say around here. It is really funny when he goes potty though. He pretends to be Superman!!! It is quite adorable. He gets up on the step stool, puts his fist into the air, and "flies" to put his hands on the back of the toilet, holds on, and goes potty. When he is done, he declares, "I'm Superman!!!" LOL...a lot!!!

We joined our church, officially, this past Sunday. We are now members of FBC, Centerville, GA. We really like it there and are excited about seeing how we can minister there. Great church. Love the people!!!

Kinley has really grown up the past couple of weeks. She is now six months old. Last week, I moved her up to her 6-9 month clothes and into size three diapers. She is getting to be such a big girl. She also started sitting up all by herself, and I have even seen her get up on all four hands and feet a couple of times. Of course, she just plops right back down, but she got up there. I don't think I am ready for a mobile baby yet...although, now my floors are really clean because of the cleaning lady. She is also eating baby food now...cereal in the morning and so far, just carrots in the evening. But, tomorrow, she gets to try green beans...should be fun!!!

Brianna is doing well. She started gymnastics two weeks ago. She wouldn't let me take her picture, so I will have to try to get some pics this week. She really enjoys it, and has done really well. She is also in AWANA at church and children's choir. She loves being involved in the different activities at church, and is even starting to make new friends. Although, when you ask her who her friends are, she still says Luke and Colton. Oh well!!!

Nathan passed his check ride last week, and will soon start to fly the actual aircraft. He is doing really well with his training. I kind of wish he could just stay in training, because I know that as soon as training is over, he will deploy shortly after. But, that just isn't possible. I am just praying for peace whenever the time comes. And strength to get through those difficult months.

I guess that is it for now...lots of rambling from me, but now you know what has been going on around here.

3 comments:

  1. First of all, good for you, getting your house cleaned! I'm sure you deserved it after all that unpacking, and what a great feeling I'm sure it was, to come home to a clean house!

    Secondly, that is awesome that Nate is doing so well with potty training. We started last week too, but haven't been too hard core.

    I hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of Brianna, Nate, and Kinley! Way to go Nate on being superman! :) Love all ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a great idea for potty training, just telling him there's no more diapers! I'll have to log that one away for our future kids :)
    Can't wait to see pictures of Brianna in her gymnastics outfits, i bet its adorable. We miss you guys, and will be praying for all of you,especially with nath getting so close to possibly being deployed :( Glad you have a home church you guys love, that will be a good support for you especially if Nath has to leave. Love you all, talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete