So, I am officially 30 weeks pregnant now...and I can't wait for the next ten weeks to go by. For one thing, I just can't wait to hold and care for our baby girl, Kinley Brooke. And, I can't wait for this uncomfortable phase to be over. For me, it starts early. You know, the sleepless nights, loose joints and muscles, indigestion...the list goes on and on. But, the good thing is that I have so much to do between now and when she arrives.
First of all, the Christmas season keeps us very busy. Today we are planning on going to get our Christmas tree and we are going to have an enjoyable evening decorating the tree. I still have some Christmas shopping to do, but thankfully I got all of our gifts that we have to ship to the lower 48 done and in the mail last week, so I don't have to worry about, or pay extra shipping to get it there on time.
Then, after Christmas, we will get all the Christmas decorations packed away for the move, as well as a few other things. I will then start to get all the baby gear ready to be used again. That is really fun, I think. I already have the baby clothes out and ready to go, because we already packed the rest of the baby clothes away to move. But, all the baby gear needs to be washed and ready to use. Brianna loves to dress up some of her baby dolls in Kinley's baby clothes which is fine because I haven't washed them yet. It is so cute to watch her play "mommy" to her dolls. She will be a big helper with her new sister, and she is already a big help with her little brother.
Then, we have baby Nate's second birthday, and before you know it, Kinley will be here. My mom and brother Bryce are coming to visit us for about ten days after Kinley is born...actually mom is coming to take care of everything, and Bryce is going to play with the kids and be a big helper to mom and myself. There is just something about daughters needing their momma when they have a baby. I am so thankful for frequent flyer miles that have enabled my mom to be here for both births I have had (or am going to have) while in AK.
After they leave, I really don't have much planned out, but I am sure that it will be very chaotic. We will only have two months left in AK once mom leaves before we move, so who really knows what those last two months will hold for us. All I know is I plan on working very hard to have my house sold and be packed up and ready to move by May 1st. We plan on leaving May 1st, and spending the weekend in Portland with Nathan's side of the family before leaving for Georgia on May 4th. We will be there for about one week before we actually close on our new home, which will leave us about twelve days to move in and get somewhat settled in before leaving for OK for Britt and Lauren's wedding.
What a whirlwind of the next six months of our lives!!! We are so blessed by the Lord in so many ways. The most precious being the blessing of the lives of our three children.
A few notes:
BOOMER SOONER!!!
I have missed blogging about several things lately, due to being too busy. But, I will catch up soon. I have several pictures to post!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You ARE going to be busy....your time in AK is going to fly by!
ReplyDeleteWish we could see you sooner than May. We are hoping to get to OK over John's spring break, but of course, you won't be there.
Love and miss you!
BOOMER SOONER!
We got your package yesterday, thanks for that. Brianna loves those cookies! I'm kind of fond of them myself.
ReplyDeleteHope you get over your cold, it doesn't sound like you've enjoyed it too much.
I would say boome... except that I've spent a lot of time in Florida.
Nathan
I LOVE when I get to the 30 week mark...10 weeks just doesn't seem like much! It goes by so fast...I'll pray you can get done what you need to before baby gets here! How exciting!
ReplyDeleteI hope our gifts get there on time, but I kind of doubt if they do. But just look at it as extending you Chritmas!
ReplyDeleteI am praying that the last 10 weeks of you pregnancy go well. And I am glad mom and Bryce are going to be able to see you.
BOOMER SOONER BABY! Basically all my friends at OU are going to the game, which I am excited for them about. I just wish I could go. But it will still be a lot of fun watching with lauren and the fam.
We mailed off your christmas presents today....which means you'll probably get them a day or so after christmas, but that can be fun sometimes :) You are smart to have mailed yours so early, i'll have to stop procrastinating someday! Love you and we're praying for all of you but especially that you'll be able to get through the next 10 weeks happy and healthy :)
ReplyDelete