Sunday, November 23, 2008

A good day for sledding

Well, Brianna and Nate got to go sledding today, a big deal for them. It was rather funny, as we climbed up the hill, I was pulling both sleds with a rope connected to Nathan's sled and Brianna holding on with her left hand all the way up the hill. Right at the top, Brianna says... "Dad, my hand is letting go." I said, "Hold on, Brianna, we're almost there" She apparently couldn't hold for the next three seconds, so her first trip down the hill was backwards on her belly in the new faster sled we bought. She was scared and cried a little bit, but I just can't help but chuckle at her doing an advanced trick on her first sledding in almost a year.

Then Nathan was able to give it a "1, 2, 3. DOOUGH!" and off he went. He seemed to have enough fun and always said "DOOUGH" when he was ready. We got a great picture of Brianna and him in the sled. Nathan looks like he is traveling at incredibly high speed, but he really is just sneezing. Talk about a funny picture, click it and zoom in on his funny face! (It seems like he is in a wind tunnel and Brianna looks just fine.)




But after a few more tries, they conquered their fear of the "big hill" and showed off their sled in a victory pose.

After a while, Brianna made it clear that she didn't want to get anything to eat, the only thing she needed was to get home to a warm bath! A warm bath up in Alaska is the best way to finish a sledding trip. What a great day!

Happy Thanksgiving everybody from the Hendricks in Alaska!

5 comments:

  1. Great pics! It sounds like you guys had a fun day. We had a good sledding day here a couple of days ago....nice soft snow and plenty deep. :-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pics... Nate always has a funny face :) they are too cute! I wish we had sled days here, but no... just cold and windy :P lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like SO much fun! I envy the snow, but certainly not the COLD!
    Happy Thanksgiving~

    ReplyDelete
  4. why don't you ever comment back? I never know what your thinking lol :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey sis! Nice pictures! We haven't had any nice cold weather here. Just windy cold weather. Oh well, what can you expect?

    ReplyDelete