Saturday, March 13, 2010

Zoo and a funny story

Well, since coming home, we all have had a great time together as a family. Personally, I was shocked to be home after my first deployment with a wife and children left at home. It was great, and I simply could not believe all the hugs I was getting from Nathan J. We decided not to travel around, keep it low key and except for a run to Atlanta for a zoo and aquarium trip, it was low key. I had three dates with just Beth and me, one Daddy-Nathan Day out, and one Daddy-Brianna Day out. Beth and I were able to visit and research several schools in the area, and we've chosen a wonderful Christian school for Brianna next year. But here are the photos to give you an idea of all the great times we had.

Beth and the kids, similar to the zoo picture we had before I left.


After about 40 pictures, I finally got the camera to focus when the lion opened his mouth


The petting zoo, it's priority one for the kids!




Brianna, so happy, as usual

Nathan, almost turning for the camera.


Brianna, once again, all smiles.

Ok, here's the funny story, and I am certain I will not be able to adequately tell it, but I will try. I have always loved to make the kids laugh, and one way I do it, is to whisper like this. Kids, we need to keep our voices down and be QUIET! ....... SORRY!! I slap my hand over my mouth every time I say something too loud, and the kids shake with laughter. Well, on the drive home this evening, I made a similar remark pretending to lose control of my voice, and KINLEY, out of the blue, starts talking gibberish, raises the volume of her voice for the last word, and uses two pudgy little hands to cover her mouth, and her giggles. She repeated this routine several times, and Beth and I both just looked at each other, and it was our turn to shake with laughter. What a little jokester, and she's only 13 months old??

2 comments:

  1. So cute pics, and great story! I love yall and miss you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Just found your blog through Ruth's old posts and was reading a few. I pray for you young mothers that have military husbands - may the Lord give you special grace. I was touch by your thoughts, Beth, when Nate was gone and how much you missed him and appreciated him even more. Every experience we go through the Lord is there with us - loving us, teaching us, helping us, leading us. He is a very present help! Laura R.

    ReplyDelete