Friday, September 12, 2008

Thirty!!!

Welp (as Brooke would say), today is my thirtieth birthday. I am excited. Really, it doesn't bother me to turn 30 years old, because Nathan will always be 5 years older than I am. :) Anyway, I thought I would try to make a list of thirty things I am thankful for...let's see if I can think of that many today...

1. First and foremost, I am thankful for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, for giving my eternal life.
2. I am so thankful for my husband, who loves me SOOOOO much and shows me more and more every day. He is so thoughtful...he just brought me a McD's sausage biscuit for breakfast. Which brings me to another thing I am thankful for...
3. Sausage biscuits...now, I am not normally prone to eating these, but during this pregnancy, they are one of the things that tastes so good to me. I do not eat them every day though...that would be bad for me.
4. I am so thankful for Brianna. She is the sweetest, most adorable little girl ever. She is such a helper around the house...she loves to dust (thanks Swiffer) and she plays really well with her little brother.
5. Nate is such a joy to have around the house...normally. I can't really say that this week, because he has a double ear infection right now, so he has been rather cranky all week, but NORMALLY he is so fun. His little smile just lights up the room, and his laugh is contagious.
6. I am thankful for this next little blessing that the Lord has chosen to trust us with. I can't wait to find out if it is a boy or girl, and I really can't wait to hold her...yes, I think it is a girl, but I could be wrong.
7. I am thankful for my parents, who have loved me unconditionally, and who have sacrificed so much for me. There is no way I could write out all that they mean to me.
8. Becky...my older sister. Growing up, I wouldn't say that we were not the closest of sisters, but as we have matured, we have become great friends. Now, the only reason we aren't close is because of distance. Miss you Becky!
9. Britt...the older of my younger brothers. Such a servant in all that he does. Lauren is going to have a wonderful husband.
10. Brooke...she is the laughter of our family. In a good way...go Kar-Ate.
11. Bryce...the surprise of our family. But, life would not be the same without the love of this little guy.
12. I also have a huge extended family, for which I am greatful. I still have all of my grandparents- I know I am very blessed in this way. Plus, tons of aunts and uncles and cousins. And, my in-laws...even from a distance, they have been a blessing to us.
13. I am thankful for my church family here in Alaska. We were fortunate to find the sweetest group of believers. They have been such a support for us while we have been here.
14. I am thankful for Alaska. It is some of the most beautiful country in the world. One minute, I can see the ocean front, and then be driving into the mountains within just about twenty minutes.
15. I am thankful for our Republican Presidential Nominee John McCain and especially for his running mate, our Governor, Sarah Palin. She is awesome, and she meant it when she said that she was giving the money back to the people of AK!!!
16. It's PFD Day!!! YEA!!! This year, not only do we get PFD's, but we get an energy rebate tacked on top of it...a total of worth about $13,000. All for my birthday...I think I might go shopping today.
17. Online banking...yeah, I just went and checked...the money is there.
18. I am thankful for the Air Force, specifically the 962nd. They have been a great support system for us throughout the past few years.
19. I would have to say, even though I have loved living in AK the past three years, I am so thankful that this is going to be our last winter in AK. They are just sooo loooong.
20. I am thankful for PWOC...a Bible study group on base that I am just now getting involved in.
21 . Our MOPS group at church...what a wonderful time of fellowship and outreach.
22. I am thankful that I am able to stay home with my children. What a privilege it is to be able to be with them each and every day.
23. I am thankful for Nicole, who watches my children when I am in need of a break, or if I have a doctor's appointment. She is such a good friend to me, and she loves my children as if they were her own.
24. I am thankful for Premier Designs, because they have given me an outlet to make friends, earn money, and essentially, because of them, we have been able to get out of debt...within the next month.
25. I am thankful for naptime...I can't wait for it today. Both of my children were up before 7am today.
26. The Written Word of God...what a comfort it is!
27. Christian Children's songs...I love having Christian music filling our home, and having my children sing those songs all day long.
28. I am thankful for Nathan being so diligent to teach Brianna her Bible verses. She is only three and a half years old, and she can already say five verses. Eph. 6:1, Gen. 1:1, Joshua 1:5-6, John 14:6, and Jeremiah 29:11.
29. I am thankful for the Urgent Care Clinic that got Nate in yesterday so that we could get him on some medicine, and for the referral from Tricare so that we didn't have to pay for it out of pocket.
30. Am I already here...Ok, so I have to say, I am so thankful for the second sausage biscuit I found in the bag from Nathan. He loves me so much!!! I will have to eat that a little later this morning!!

5 comments:

  1. happy 30th birthday Beth!! We love you and hope you get do something relaxing...hopefully :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Beth! Hope you had a great day. You deserve it.
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for 2nd sausage biscuits!!!! Hope you have a great date with your hubby. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great one, and a wonderful year to come!

    ReplyDelete